Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Won't poo in potty...advice needed.

(5 Posts)
FDTLuckyMumma Thu 18-Jun-09 21:00:30

My DS1 has just turned 2. We started potty training about three weeks ago and he took to it v well, pretty much dry within days. Poo is another matter. He did have several successful poos in the potty but was a bit distressed ('dirty wee wee')and also had a few poo on the floor accidents. In the last week he has been saving it up and doing it in his night nappy. He's obv a bit constipated and uncomfortable. Even though he says 'i need poo poo' he won't sit on the potty and do it. Shall i just leave it and hope it sorts itself out? Any advice? Thanks.

Seona1973 Thu 18-Jun-09 22:07:00

ds never pooed on the potty but we had success with him pooing on the toilet instead - have you tried sitting him on the toilet to see how he gets on?

FDTLuckyMumma Sat 20-Jun-09 21:52:38

Yes but he just gets straight off again. He is auite obstinate and won't be coerced into sitting!

squeaver Sat 20-Jun-09 21:56:22

Do you have quite a small potty or is it a comfortable seat type thing? The latter is better I think.

ches Mon 22-Jun-09 03:44:32

Do you throw the poo in the toilet and let him see it flush down? You said he got disturbed by the "dirty wee wee" and it just made me wonder if he ever sees his poo. Maybe he needs to know it's normal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now