Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

comparing bamboo nappies

(19 Posts)
TheodoresMummy Wed 17-Jun-09 11:16:59

i have never tried a bamboo nappy on either DS.

attracted to bamboo because of slim fit and staying soft. drawbacks might be drying time and cost (seem to be more popular 2nd hand so go for more).

are some better for drying time ? which is slimmest ?

would prefer nippa but not that important.

TheodoresMummy Wed 17-Jun-09 11:21:18

oh and do any have a fleece inner ?

Nappyzoneisabeetrootrunner Wed 17-Jun-09 11:24:32

easy peasys bambeasy is fleece lined and lovely. Bambinex ones are cheap to buy but not fleece lined. That all i know grin

TheodoresMummy Wed 17-Jun-09 11:44:45

aha ! thank you for that.

will check them out for drying time.

i really like the coloured bamboozles but i think they will be too slow to dry. i don't want to tumble them all winter.

Nappyzoneisabeetrootrunner Wed 17-Jun-09 11:48:55

i found bambinex v similar to bamboozles but then switched over to pockets full time which are slim and soft and fast drying - some people love em some people loathe em!

purplesal Wed 17-Jun-09 13:22:20

Lollipop bamboo are filled with microfleece so they dry much quicker than a pure bamboo nappy - just as absorbent and very soft and squdgey. Come in cream, mint and nutmeg (Think cuddly teddy bear bottom!) Buy them from the Lollipop website - check out their special offers on the homepage for oloured nappiea and wraps - www.teamlollipop.co.uk or find your local advisor so that you can see them in the flesh first.

TheFool Wed 17-Jun-09 13:27:35

I found for just bamboo (no microfibre) that bambeasy dried just a smidgen faster (really, by about 10-20 mins). I remember doing a very scientific experiment

Galava Wed 17-Jun-09 13:34:48

I had bamboozles which were OK and geobel which I really liked.

Neither had fleece and both were aplix.

The geobel ones have a seperate booster and so they dried in a similar time to towelling.

TabithaTwitchet Wed 17-Jun-09 13:35:29

I use modern baby pop-ins, they have 2 shaped bamboo pieces that popper into the wrap, and then you can unpopper them again when you dry them. They are much faster to dry than for example bamboozles, because they are much flatter. No fleecey bits, but you could just use a fleece liner. They are really slim fitting as well. The wrap does up by velcro - not sure if that would be a problem. DD loves undoing it, but usually forgets once she has clothes on.

I think pop ins are great, a good alternative to pockets, which I am not so keen on as they are so synthetic. The colours are nice too

Galava Wed 17-Jun-09 13:41:14

Actually, I think tots bots stopped making nippa bamboo nappies due to the fabric not being as good for nippas to grab onto or something ...

so you might not be able to get nippa ones these days ...

TheFool Wed 17-Jun-09 13:55:09

You can still get nippa bambinex/geobel <glances at big box of stock>, and nippa bambeasy are still available atm but they seem to have been discontinued so with most of us selling them it is a case of when they are gone, they're gone.

twoclimbingboys Wed 17-Jun-09 20:48:23

Upsy Daisy bamboo fitteds are fleece lined and all of their nappies are honestly fabulous. They are also bringing out a birth to potty bamboo fitted in the next few weeks. Their soy nappies are ultra absorbent, dry faster than any make of bamboo and have a really excellent re-sale value.

I also love Wee Notions Northern Lights - they are bamboo, high in the rise but slim fitting and have a fold out/snap out booster so aren't slow drying really.

My 3rd favourite bamboo nappies are Motherease Bamboo Sandys. They are a lovely fit, slim and very absorbent but take literally days to dry.

I also have little lambs bamboo and they are cuddly soft but bulkier than all of the above nappies and slower drying than the WN or UD.

rusmum Wed 17-Jun-09 21:03:18

i have bambinex ones geobel and little lambs-

ll very soft but bulkier

TheodoresMummy Wed 17-Jun-09 21:58:46

thank you everyone !!

re the nippa thing...i'm using some microfibre diddy diapers at the mo and the nippas are a pain to get to stay in the nappy. the cotton ones are lovely tho.

just thought that bamboo would be much slimmer and am hoping to use all of DS1's clothes on DS2 (DS1 was in disposables until he was a toddler).

the bambeasy looks lovely and i have just bought a couple of 2nd hand ones to try.

nature babies loveables also look nice and would fit like the diddy's we are using already.

just how bulky are cotton tots bots ?

TheodoresMummy Wed 17-Jun-09 22:05:23

ooh yes the sandys bamboo look gorgeous !!!! but don't think i would be able to dry them realistically. i would have washing all over the house every day in the winter.

i don't know upsy daisy nappies. will check them out now.

ta.

twoclimbingboys Wed 17-Jun-09 22:10:58

I didn't like cotton tots to be honest. Their bulk wasn't the problem, they just weren't absorbent enough for Blake (and he isn't a particularly heavy wetter). They are a similar bulk to the little lambs bamboo, and are a bit bulky over the hips iyswim?

The smallest nappies under clothes are itti bitti d'lish. They are hardly bigger than disposables and fit most babies excellently, but just weren't long enough in the rise for Blake. But he is very long and has a very chunky bum. They are incredibly cute and compact.

Galava Thu 18-Jun-09 10:40:38

The geobel are definitely slim and long in the rise, so give a really good fit.

I dont think they are much bigger than disposibles really. Definitely slimmer than cotton tots.

The only disadvantage is that the velcro is quite high up and if you've got a wriggly child it can be quite hard to keep them still long enough to put the wrap over without the pad moving about and the whole nappy falling apart and having to start all over again.

I've had a few 'manoeveres' in the past with my wriggler grin

Octothechildherder Thu 18-Jun-09 20:02:43

Have you considered a Lollipop Bamboo?

rusmum Fri 19-Jun-09 10:57:30

is there a nippa bamboo then??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now