Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

What do you dress your cloth bummed boys in when it's hot?

(9 Posts)
HuffwardlyRudge Tue 16-Jun-09 11:55:09

Ds is nearly 14 months.

We live in a hot country.

Most days he just wears his nappy, a Motherease wrap (a pattern one) and a t-shirt.

I look at other little boys his age and they are all wearing cool little combat shorts and stuff. I can't always find shorts that fit over his big cloth bum, and when I can it often just seems like an extra layer of warmth that he doesn't need. The stretchy ones that fit are warm.

When is it too babyish to let him run around in a nappy and t-shirt every day?

Is this a really silly question?

It was easier with dd because she just wore a floaty dress over the nappy.

TheDevilWearsYFronts Tue 16-Jun-09 12:12:42

I used to put DS in jersey or cotton pj shorts.

IrritableGrizzly Tue 16-Jun-09 15:15:59

We also live in a hot country (Singapore), and ds2 wears cloth nappies - a local make called Bumwear. He is 13 months btw. He normally wears a vest, either a short one or one with poppers, IYSWIM, and his nappy. I think this is fine if we're just hanging round at home or going to the park. If we're going somewhere with air-conditioning then I put shorts on him and cover him up, but more for warmth than modesty!

I think vest and nappy is fine for a while yet; I would guess until around 2. It is 'babyish' to dress them in a nappy and t-shirt every day, but that's just because they are babies!! It looks cute and is comfortable and cool, which I think is the most important thing.

twoclimbingboys Tue 16-Jun-09 20:03:50

I love the t-shirt and nappy combo on ds2 who is 12 months for very hot days.

I have had some wraps custom made by Upsy Daisy especially for this - to show off in summer.

Wee Notions have started to make nappy and t-shirt sets?

Octothechildherder Tue 16-Jun-09 21:28:29

Maybe some babylegs? I have some in stock - they are cotton, so will protect his legs and keep the sun off a bit. Then you can wear fab nappies and legs!! Much easier than buying lots of clothes imo and dry quickly if they get wet.

CMOTdibbler Tue 16-Jun-09 21:31:14

How do you feel about wool shorties ? Then he would have t-shirt, nappy and shorties (no wrap), and the evaporation of the wee through the shorties makes them cool.

But I lurve little ones in a cool nappy and top - they are so huggable

Octothechildherder Tue 16-Jun-09 22:11:28

Yes - shorties would be great.

HuffwardlyRudge Wed 17-Jun-09 08:16:08

There is a shop selling wool shorties near here. I will buy a pair and give them a go.

Might google Upsy Daisy and Wee Notions too and buy a couple of things 'for best'.

Not keen on baby legs - they would be too hot I think. It's 40 degrees + here.

flamingobingo Wed 17-Jun-09 08:22:58

It's only too babyish when they don't want to do it anymore. My 2yo usually spends all day in just her knickers when it's hot grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now