Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

bamboo nappies?

(16 Posts)
paininthebutt Fri 12-Jun-09 22:05:18

my dd is 1.5 y, we use cloth during the day. after much experimenting i found sandies organic the best.
but anyway... my sis-in-law id having a baby soon an is keen to try baboo nappies. i remember reserching it before my dd was born and heard people complaining they going very hard in hard water (london). anyone had the same experience?

CarGirl Fri 12-Jun-09 22:06:39

mine stayed very soft in London hard water, they just take AGES to dry but are slim & absorbant.

amberatkins Fri 12-Jun-09 22:19:32

Paininthebutt I bought bamboo nappies because I am in a hard water area, see here.

paininthebutt Fri 12-Jun-09 22:19:58

what particular one did you use? any leaks?

amberatkins Fri 12-Jun-09 22:22:19

TotsBots bamboozles, love them. Only ever had runny newborn poop leak out of the nappy, but nothing has ever leaked out of the waterproof wrap.

paininthebutt Fri 12-Jun-09 22:24:37

did you not find them little too bulky? i remeber i did with cotton totsbots, but the bamboo might be different?

amberatkins Fri 12-Jun-09 22:27:35

The bamboo are a lot less bulky than the cotton ones, plus the new bamboozles have a pop in booster so I use the booster at night and if I want a slim fitting look in the day I take the booster out. But there are less bulky nappies out there, not an expert I'm afraid!

twoclimbingboys Fri 12-Jun-09 22:31:30

Wee Notions Northern Lights are bamboo and very slim, as are Motherease Bamboo Sandys - no leaks! The sandys are much slower drying than the WNNL.

Tots Bamboozles and Little Lambs Bamboo are bulkier imo.

duvetheaven Fri 12-Jun-09 22:32:25

i like Sandies too . Re bamboo, Little lamb bamboo are soooo soft! Try them!!

paininthebutt Fri 12-Jun-09 22:36:37

all very helpful ladies. i'll pass it on. thank you

twoclimbingboys Fri 12-Jun-09 22:41:28

duvetheaven - they are very soft!

purplesal Sat 13-Jun-09 10:18:25

The Lollipop bamboo napppies have microfibre inside them, so they retain as much absorbency as a pure bamboo nappy, like a bamboozle, but dry much much quicker and feel much softer as well.

purplesal Sat 13-Jun-09 10:21:13

Copied from another recent thread about bamboo nappies:

^Lollipop have a special offer on their bamboo nappies at the moment - just announced today to their advisors! They have teamed up their coloured bambo nappies with some of the funky Tots Bots wraps (the new ones that work, not the useless ones of the past!)
20 x size 1 or size 2 nappies, 6 covers and a roll of liners = £150

Or BTP set of 20 x size 1 nappies, 20 x size 2 nappies, 12 covers and 2 rolls of liners = £265

The mint nappies come with the Tots green wrap
The teddy bear coloured Nutmeg nappies come with the orange Tots wraps.

Those are very good prices! I am happy to take orders ^

sweetnitanitro Sat 13-Jun-09 10:31:26

I've got the bamboozle ones, they are brilliant! I live in a hard water area and they are still really soft. They were a little bulky on dd when she was tiny but fine after a few weeks.

JennyPenny22 Sun 14-Jun-09 11:43:24

Bamboo stays MUCH softer than cotton in hard water areas. We have had to get rid of all our cotton nappies because they turn sooo hard in the wash. Still might not be super soft in London, but Bamboo is definatly the best option on the hard water front. It is also much more absorbant than cotton.

The best bamboo nappy I have come accross is the babyhinds bamboo birth to potty. It fits perfectly for both y 7 week old and my 17 month old and is fine for heavy wetters.

Clwt Twt nappies are brilliant too, I love these. We have bamboo ones with cotton outters, but the size 2s are a bit bulky for some reason, even though the small ones are nice and slim! Maybe I have 2 different versions as they were all preloved.

I don't have any myself but Upsy daisy bamboo nappies re meant to be excellent. I have some of their soy nappies and they are by far my most absorbant nappies.

Is French soy terry something you consider? This is the best in my opinion, above bamboo, but it depends on your budget as they can work out expensice as only Upsy daisy sell them so far and they don't do birth to potty sets or anything as they are WAHMs rather than a big company. You could get small ones though, then sell them and use the money to buy they next size? They sell on VERY well - the preloved ones have bought have been almost full price and they usually sell within hours of the seller advertising them where as bamboozles don't sell on very well - I recently bought some for £1.50 each!

JennyPenny22 Sun 14-Jun-09 11:44:42

Oh and meant to say that soy is really soft too, softer than bamboo. I have very hard water (outter london) and wish I could afford to have all my nappies in soy, but have a mixture of soy and bamboo for now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now