Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Weeing on the floor at change time

(9 Posts)
audley Thu 11-Jun-09 20:42:14

Hi, Just after some advise, my DS, 16months, keeps running off to wee at change time, he seems to take great delight in it. the other evening he climbed on top of his toy box to wee from a height! Is it worth me trying him with a potty or just running faster to catch him before he soaks his socks?

Mutt Thu 11-Jun-09 20:45:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

audley Thu 11-Jun-09 20:49:37

Thanks Mutt, one other question, how to get the pong of wee out of my carpet?

ches Fri 12-Jun-09 05:09:22

Point his percy at the toilet bowl. (His feet on a step stool will help.) Or you could use potty or toddler toilet seat. (We used the latter.) We started with first morning wee, then set good habits (before going out/on getting home) and he was poo trained by 15 months and clean/dry and in undies by 18 months. Lots of reminding/scheduled trips to the loo until recently (2.3yr), but no more soiling/nappies and it really is NOT any more work if you don't take them out of nappies until they're reliable.

Mutt Fri 12-Jun-09 07:55:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

audley Fri 12-Jun-09 11:42:52

Ooh, ches, I feel strangely excited about trying your plan!
Thanks Mutt will attack the carpets at the weekend

audley Wed 17-Jun-09 13:38:10

Just wanted to update, bought a toddler seat and step on Monday and we had our first wee on the loo this morning grin, so pleased! Will get a potty though as DS can't get on the toilet even with the step.

ches Fri 19-Jun-09 06:02:21

audley I wouldn't expect him to take responsibility for using the toilet for another 9 months - 1 year TBH. DS is only in this past month really taking charge of it and he's now 28 months. He started going through a stage of "NO I'LL DO IT ALL BY MYSELF" and we just encouraged him through it. What a relief after the "NO NO NO" stage.

audley Fri 19-Jun-09 21:37:14

Hi ches, don't worry I don't have any high hopes in that direction we were just getting in a muddle getting on the step and then having to turn around to be lifted on to the loo. He didn't like the potty though so the loo seat will do and I'll just sit him on it. He does like to climb up so he can use the step just for fun for now. We have been sitting 2 or 3 times a day but have had no more deposits! He does wave bye bye when I flush and put the lid down. He seems to enjoy the whole routine. Thanks for your help smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now