Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

6 yr old poo in pull ups at night

(6 Posts)
Redwood Wed 10-Jun-09 21:51:19

Anyone else had this problem, it is about once a month my dd poos in her sleep in her nappy. She is a v deep sleeper hence still in nappies, she doesn't even wake up. I find out when I check her before I go to bed. Any suggestions???

DiamondHead Wed 10-Jun-09 21:54:07

Sorry, I don't have anything contructive to say - sounds a bit of a nightmare.

I thought the thread was going to be about a six year old poo, I was intrigued.

Redwood Thu 11-Jun-09 18:52:52

anybody?

morningpaper Thu 11-Jun-09 18:57:54

What does she say about it? I'd be surprised if this was 'normal' - who gets up for a crap in the night? I expect she is holding it in and so she is getting a bit desperate. When does she normally poo? How often?

nannyL Thu 11-Jun-09 19:51:57

thats is very strange...

most children stop pooing during their sleep by about 1 year.
I think it is worth seeing GP about

jelliebelly Thu 11-Jun-09 19:57:56

My ds has done this on occasion (he is nearly 4)and always following a period of time when he hasn't done a poo during the day for a couple of days. He was obviously holding on for some reason and once asleep his relaxed body seemed to let it out iyswim. We just made sure we paid closer attention to when he had done a poo during the day and made sure he had an opportunity to go before bedtime - both dh and I get panicky if we know that he hasn't been for a couple of days (ds I mean, not dh grin) as we don't want a repeat performance of the last time it happened in pyjamas rather than pull ups!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now