Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Favourite wraps?

(15 Posts)
usernametaken Wed 10-Jun-09 21:46:16

Can I ask a few questions about wraps? It has been a while (4yrs) since I bought any and now I need to!

I have some old AirFlows, ImseVimse, a Bambino Mio and a Popolino wrap.

Baby#2 will be in cloth from day 1 (or thereabouts). I plan on using some Chinese pre-folds to begin with...which wraps would be best with the prefolds?

I then have a huge range of shaped nappies for when #2s legs lose their twigginess, what are the best explosive-proof wraps?

Naturally, I will need a few 'show off' wraps for those special occasions when one sees the HV etc, can you recommend any slim fitting 'showy' wraps?!

Many thanks!

purplesal Wed 10-Jun-09 22:00:51

If you are using prefolds you will need tight fitting wraps, preferably with a gusset. Airflows, for example, will not hold a prefold tightly enough in place.

purplesal Thu 11-Jun-09 07:32:45

I have lots of XS and small Lollipop and Onelife velcro wraps that are just dinky on newborns - both brand new. I also have 3 in each size that have been barely used. They were returned by a customer who preferrred popper wraps. Some I think have only been prewashed. I said I'd selll them on for her at probably half RRP - £4.00 each. CAT me if you're interested.

TheodoresMummy Thu 11-Jun-09 14:34:01

My DS is 4 weeks and has been in cloth since birth.

I have been using folded muslins and diddy diapers both with nippas and found that bummis super bright wraps have worked brilliantly !! No leaks (poo or wee) and i'm crap at changing often blush.

The have gussets and are really soft and trim (I bought the tiny size 4lb - 9lb).

I imagine they would hold a prefold as the are very tiny and have great adjustability, but I didn't use prefolds so can't say for sure.

I tried an Imse Vimse (newborn not small) the day he was born and it was massive. Fits him nicely now at 9lb (he was 7lb when born).

HTH.

Kayzr Thu 11-Jun-09 14:36:31

Please do not use bambino mio wraps. We have them and they constantly leak. So we are now back to disposables.

usernametaken Thu 11-Jun-09 15:29:18

With DD the Mio wrap we had worked well with her, but only when she got past about 15lbs. I never got on with the Mio stuff so just used the prefolds to stuff Wonderoos.

I was thinking of using muslins too for the first weeks as well as the Chinese pre-folds. I've just found (forgot I had it) a gussetted Tots wrap that should hold everything, though I used an old style Tots with DD and it leaked all the time.

I have some Tots Bamboozles (size 1) but I have a feeling they are going to be massive on a newborn. I have some Little Lambs too (size 1) but they too will have to wait a bit.

TheodoresMummy (love his name btw), how are you getting on with the muslins? Do you use a particular fold with them?

Thanks all for the replies, I have some purchasing to do!

twoclimbingboys Thu 11-Jun-09 15:58:11

For special occasions - and summer with just a t-shirt. I have had Blake a couple of custom wraps made by Upsy Daisy in minkee and triple cut. They were both between £10 and £15 including postage - so not bad at all.

here is his birthday wrap - his name is embroidered on the front and here is his beach scene wrap

usernametaken Thu 11-Jun-09 19:56:56

twoclimbingboys- I love the wraps...excellent! I had a few Wonderoos embroidered for DD, they were lovely!

4andnotout Thu 11-Jun-09 21:53:25

I have some blueberry wraps for sale on the for sale board which are ideal for showing off.

Octothechildherder Fri 12-Jun-09 00:21:22

Kayzr - noooooooooooooo! How can we help you back to the other side???!

TheodoresMummy Fri 12-Jun-09 22:11:59

muslins have worked really well for us so far, easy to wash and dry and not too bulky on a tiny babe.

i have been using the jo fold found on the nappy lady site. am going to try the bat fold too.

Kayzr Sat 13-Jun-09 07:25:36

I don't think anything will make me use them again. I am not going back to having to change 2 my boys every hour and to still find that the stupid bloody things have leaked.

I have had enough of having to change the beds everyday.

purplesal Sat 13-Jun-09 10:15:01

Kayzr - I would feel the same as you, but cloth nappies really should leak less than disposables, so something was obvioulsy not right with yours. There are lots and lots of excellent shaped nappies on the market with decent wraps, or the new breed of All in ones are excellent. I've got a couple of secondhand Onelife nappies and a wap that I'm happy to send you, if you'd like, to see how you get on with those. They'd certainly be fine for daytimes at least.

Kayzr Sun 14-Jun-09 08:14:33

Thanks but we are not going to use them again for love nor money. Disposables never leak even if both boys sleep over 12 hours a night. We've tried different wraps and it makes no difference.

JennyPenny22 Sun 14-Jun-09 09:19:18

My favorite wrap at the moment is a fleece one from upsy daisy, they are custom made and not a bad price at all.
After this I like the WeeNotions ones that we have, these are PUL and very reliable and good patterns.

For my yongest (7 weeks) we have been using nature babies multiwraps too, some of their wraps are sooo pretty but she is growing out of them now so will be selling on when I get round to it sad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now