Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

going out when potty training

(8 Posts)
rosiejoy Wed 10-Jun-09 20:50:44

i am about to start potty training in earnest, but one thing that has held me off so far is i cant work out what to do when we go out, and staying in for more than one day is really not an option! i have ds 2.9 and dd 18ms (who are both ready really but thats another question!) so i honestly couldnt take staying in the house with them for days on end....

any advice MUCH appreciated! smile

thisisyesterday Wed 10-Jun-09 20:55:31

it really is worth staying in for the first few days at least, tbh.

but when you do go out, just make sure you know where the public loos are, and take every opportunity to use them! that's about my only advvice.

oh, take an old towel and a change of clothes for mopping up etc in case of accidents.

rosiejoy Wed 10-Jun-09 21:12:22

ah i see. i dont drive so i think thats going to make it harder too, since difficult to just 'pop out' the same way.

oh i dont think i can face it, is gonna be hell sad

i spose i could buy a 'cushion'insert thingy for the toilet and forget the potty and go straight to that at home. then i can easily chuck that in the bottom of the pushchair to go out, and wont be a big deal to use public toilets when out compared to if they were used to using potty...

thisisyesterday Wed 10-Jun-09 21:14:18

absolutely, we went striaght to toilet with ds1 as he wouldn't use the potty at all and i reckon it was much easier.

the main problem is that they don't get that much warning at first, so it is often a mad dash to get to a loo on time.

rosiejoy Wed 10-Jun-09 21:30:32

ok, thanks!

also reassuring that you have a boy too, since they since to be tricky in this area! my dd has been wanting to potty train since she was 14 months! she is tiny for her age though, so will put her on potty at home.

Karam Wed 10-Jun-09 22:24:51

Buy a pottette. They're great - just leave it in the bottom of the pushchair, pull it out when needed and then throw the contents away.

With my Dds, I only stayed in for 2/3 days because then we used the pottette (athough I did take lots of changes of clothes!)

Paleodad Fri 12-Jun-09 00:52:24

i'll second that, the potette was great in those early days. Sometimes we didn't even bother with the whole bag thingy, and just say DD in the gutter blush...

Paleodad Fri 12-Jun-09 00:53:36

SAT (sorry, very late!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now