Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Help re potty training

(4 Posts)
Kafka Wed 10-Jun-09 13:40:31

Dd is 37 months and we have been potty training for eight weeks. It has gone very badly, wetting and soiling on a daily basis. If I forget to prompt her to sit on the loo she wets and the poos were invariably done in pants/bedtime nappy. Only on about two seperate occasions has she said she wants a wee or a poo. Lately things have worsened, I (for the first time) lost my temper after the last soil and now she is refusing to do poos at all.

I have tried to reassure her and chill about it but tbh I am pretty stressed out about it all.

I do not know what to do. I have tried to get her back into nappies but she is refusing and it is over a day since she has poo'd.

What should I do now, I am very anxious about the whole thing

Fruitymama Wed 10-Jun-09 16:06:19

My son has really on just got the hang of it and he was 3 in Feb but still some days has accidents. The thing that I found that really helped was a sticker chart (which I put up for everyone to see). This really did help move things along. You are not alone I am still having problems in the poo! area but as I have 2 other children I know they do get there eventually. Try the sticker chart it helped me and my friend. Have a go with pull ups for a bit - say they are special pants. At least they take the pressure off for both of you. Even after 3 children I still don't know the best solution! But I do know mumsnet is a great place to start! Good luck.

Kafka Thu 11-Jun-09 12:46:43

Thanks given me hope.

My son did it at 2.10 and did it all pretty much within a week, so this was a bit of a shock!

We are back in pull ups we both need a breather. she will get there, found myself getting into a dead end with this and needed some perspective

Chapman Thu 11-Jun-09 16:28:48

Hi. We've been potty training our daughter (2.5 yrs) for the last week but don't seem to have made any progress at all. The problem seems to be that she really doesn't mind having wet pants so when she wets herself she's not in the least bit bothered! We've tried all the usual incentives such as sticker charts, treats etc but it just doesn't seem to be working. We really don't want to put her back into nappies as she can go 2-2.5 hours between wees so there obviously is some bladder control there. Any ideas? Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now