Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Anyone ditched toilet training and gone back to nappies?

(5 Posts)
tulipgirl Wed 10-Jun-09 12:19:40

Has anyone ditched potty training and put their toddler back in nappies? In lots of ways my little girl (2.6) is doing brilliantly, but after several months of pre-potty training and now a couple of weeks of no nappies, she has still NEVER asked to go on the potty and I'm beginning to wonder whether she actually knows when she's about to go.

I started active training in an attempt to move things along and because we had a bit of a poo-smearing incident, but it's still the poos that are the problem. She rarely wets as she can hold it in for a good couple of hours and I put her on regularly, but we're having two or three poos in pants a day. Also, since I started the active training, she's starting to take against the potty and always says no when I ask her if she wants to go.

I feel so confused. I want to give her a reasonable opportunity to learn to ask to go, but I don't want to force her to toilet train if she's not ready. How long should I give her before I just admit defeat, and if I do go back to nappies, should I just stop mentioning the potty at all?

ShannaraTiger Wed 10-Jun-09 12:27:21

I did, although I put her into pull ups not nappies. She got their by just over 3.

wotulookinat Wed 10-Jun-09 12:35:27

My son is three in October and we have tried potty training but have gone back to nappies for the timebeing. It'll happen when he's ready!

tkband3 Wed 10-Jun-09 12:37:00

I put my DTs back into nappies after spending 3 days drowning in wee and poo during October half term smile. They obviously simply weren't ready (they were 2.6 at this point). Just after Christmas, they decided they were ready themselves, DT2 first, then DT1 a fortnight later and were trained fairly quickly.

tkband3 Wed 10-Jun-09 12:37:35

By the way, they were in pull-ups, not nappies, so if they did decide to go to the loo/potty, it was fairly easy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now