Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

nappy pants leaking/full at night - any suggestions

(6 Posts)
littleM Wed 10-Jun-09 10:08:04

dd is 2.4 and in nappy pants in the day and night. Recently she has started waking up either during the night or in the morning with wet pjs. It doesn't seem that the nappy has leaked, more that it just full. I tried size 6 but had the same problem and they just seemed a bit too big.

She still has 150mL of milk at bedtime - is it worth just dropping this even though she won't drink milk in the day?

Mij Wed 10-Jun-09 11:22:52

Could try moving the milk to slightly earlier in the bedtime routine, rather than dropping it complete, then having a 'last wee' on the loo or potty?

rubyslippers Wed 10-Jun-09 11:24:07

pull ups are rubbish at night time IME

i use a nappy on DS for nights - he is dry in the day and wears pants (he is 3)

Mij Wed 10-Jun-09 12:32:08

Yes, meant to say that too, actually - pull ups are designed to be changed after one wee really (if you're training, then one 'accident') not to bear the brunt of several in the night. DD has been out of nappies in the day since age 2, is now nearly 3 and is in and out of night-time nappies depending on her mood/whim/how many wet beds we've had recently, and we use cloth 'bed-wetter' nappies cos training pants just useless at night, even though she has a drink curfew and a 'final' wee after her bath.

trixymalixy Wed 10-Jun-09 12:42:45

I agree, nappy pants aren't absorbant enough for night time use.

littleM Wed 10-Jun-09 14:55:38

will try moving the milk earlier and encoraging potty before bed and see how that goes. have possibly been confusing in initial post as dd wears pull up nappies not the ones that are supposed to help with toilet training specifically - she just calls them nappy pants - may try old style nappies to see if that helps too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now