Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Poo!

(6 Posts)
EffiePerine Wed 10-Jun-09 10:05:19

I know this a common issue but it's driving me nuts. We've been toilet training DS1 (2.8) for a week or so now and he's happy weeing on the loo (tho he needs reminding). But he hasn't/won't poo on there, he still happily poos in his pants and most of the time doesn't tell me that he has. Is there anything I can do or do I just hope he gets it eventually?

crokky Wed 10-Jun-09 10:08:51

Could you keep him without pants and trousers - this is what I did with my DS at a similar age - you have to watch vv carefully and dive with a potty to catch the poo if it comes out standing up. I've cleaned a few poos from the carpet etc (and once he did it on my trousers shock totally unexpected!) but it worked for us.

EffiePerine Wed 10-Jun-09 10:12:43

we're renting so am reluctant to risk too much poo on carpets - maybe a plan for when the weather's better and we can stay in the garden?

caesarmama Fri 12-Jun-09 15:36:59

My three year old is the same. He is mostly dry and in pants but will not poo on the potty or the toilet. He goes off - I then realise because it has all gone spookily quiet - and then poos in his pants.
Have tried toilet story, sticker chart (just wants all the stickers NOW!).
We are preparing to soldier on with this in the hope that he will do it soon.
Any ideas?

Toffeefudgecake Fri 12-Jun-09 23:17:07

I have the same problem with my three-year old son, who I potty-trained a couple of months' ago. I'm at my wit's end. It is worse than when he was in nappies. I am forever cleaning him up and washing his pants and trousers. As he goes at completely unpredictable times, I can't even sit him on the potty at certain times of day hoping to catch the poo.

Today my childminder brought round her two potties for my son to borrow for the weekend, leaving him some stickers to receive when he poos in them. We are hoping that the novelty of different potties plus stickers will encourage him.

caesarmama Sat 13-Jun-09 11:07:32

Thankfully he had a poo in his over night nappy this morning. But last night, after I had put him to bed, he pooed on his carpet - despite nappy.
aaarrggghh.
A friend suggested a lucky dip bag. I've tried stickers but he always wants all of them and then it is TANTRUM.
Good luck with the other potties.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now