Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

So, are wool nappy wraps any good then??

(12 Posts)
KirstyJC Mon 08-Jun-09 14:14:48

Afternoon to you all! I have been using cloth nappies (well, my 7mo DS has) for about 6 weeks and am loving them. This week, he is teething and getting a bit of nappy rash - he has also been feeling very hot in the nappy regions in the recent hot weather.

So, I am wondering about trying a woollen wrap - Disana pull on ones look good - and I wondered if any of you ladies has tried them? What do you think - worth a go?

(To side track, when browsing I have tracked down a woollen sleeping bag as well for nights - anyone tried these and what do they think?)

Thanks in advance!

KirstyJC Mon 08-Jun-09 19:41:59

bumpity bump??

twoclimbingboys Mon 08-Jun-09 20:44:01

I have looked at the disana pull on pants but decided to wait until winter as they look quite thick tbh

I use fleece overnight at the moment. Pixie knits do wool shorties that look lovely - no need to put clothes over which could keep help keep him cooler?

KirstyJC Mon 08-Jun-09 21:03:55

Hi tcb - thanks for that, I will have a look at Pixie knits.

I have actually just bought some Disana now so I will have to see how they are - I think most reviews seem to say they are cool in summer and warm in winter. Fingers crossed!

twoclimbingboys Mon 08-Jun-09 21:09:39

ooh - I hadn't read that review. Please let me know once you have tried them, I may have to get some!

KirstyJC Mon 08-Jun-09 22:06:49

I have just been looking to see where I read the reviews and have been on so many websites I can't find it!!blush

I have however found various links that talk about breathability / temp regulation etc so (if you haven't already) then try these:

www.babykind.co.uk/wrapsabout.htm
or
www.cuddlebabes.co.uk/wool-and-fleece-nappy-covers-disana-pull-on-wool-pants-imse-wool-cover-tots-bo ts-fleece-reusable-cloth-cotton-real-nappies-cover-popolini-wool-cover-564-0.html
or

Found it!grin in this link it's in the summary bit at the bottom:
www.debbiesnappies.co.uk/shop/nappy_wraps.html

I will let you know how we get on with the Disana!!

twoclimbingboys Mon 08-Jun-09 22:45:40

Blake has some longies - he is such a messy eater etc I don't really use them of a day and they are too nice to just use at night. They are slim and breathable. Plus, I am quite lazy about lanolising tbh!

suwoo Mon 08-Jun-09 22:56:28

I have some gorgeous wool shorties in grey if you want them. Not asking much. Were custom knitted in the US for me.

KirstyJC Fri 19-Jun-09 12:12:28

Hi twoclimbingboys - just an update as promised on the Disana pull-on shorts.

They are really good! They look ridiculously cute (always a bonus!!) and they do not appear to be too hot at night. I am putting him in his gro-bag with just the nappy/wool pants, plus a T shirt so nothing is too tight over them, and so far so good.

They smell of wee in the mornings, but just air them and they are fresh again for that night - it's amazing! (Although DH complains they smell of sheep.....that would be the wool thengrin!)

I have only lanolised once, when I first got them, and have just washed them again without lanolising. I have used them about 6 times I think between washes, although I think they might have gone for longer I was doing some handwashing anyway so did them too.

The best thing is his nappy rash is pretty much gone now, and I'm sure the lower temp and not having PUL wrapped tightly around him has helped, so I don't feel bad about leaving him in a nappy for 12 hours.

All in all - I recommend them! I got mine from Kittikins, they were the cheapest at the time.

TheFool Fri 19-Jun-09 12:46:29

wool is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabulous.

warm in winter, cool in summer.

nice and natural.

For handknitted I love pixie knits and seahorse slacks.

Disana are lovely and easy.

Swaddlebees are a good daytime shape (stocked at bumfluff)

woollywraps are also a nice shape - machine knitted - also at bumfluff wink

I think that wee notions were doing some stunning ones for a while, but not too sure if they still are. Ooh Hollow Oak are generally gorgeous too

Matchette Mon 15-Feb-16 12:34:43

Hello,

I really want to use the wool nappies, I bought some but they are so thick it is impossible to dress my little one with any trousers or onesies!!! it has to be oversized but then the top is too big with too long sleeves...

Then he really looks like he has a big back ;) if you see what I mean, very disproportionate.

That was when he was a newborn, Im selling all my gears, brand new by the way but would love to try again if I get a better idea on how other mums do?

How do you do with yours?

ispymincepie Mon 22-Feb-16 22:49:00

We only use wool at night on account of the bulkiness but they are super easy to make!
sewingdork.blogspot.co.uk/2009/11/how-to-make-wool-diaper-cover-from-wool.html?m=1

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now