Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Potty training on holiday

(6 Posts)
Tigerlion Thu 04-Jun-09 13:29:55

We are going on holiday and in the process of potty training DS. I am reluctant on taking our potty with us and was wondering if anyone has had experience of a pottette. If so, what are they like. As the flight is 5 hours I think I will put him in pull-ups on the flight as I can't imagine trying to get him to sit on a potty in the tiny loos.

Maveta Thu 04-Jun-09 13:38:03

definitely use pull ups for the flight but it might not work! Ds was potty trained only a couple of weeks before we went away but wasn't having anything to do with nappies/ pull ups for the flight so we were trundling off to the loos the whole bloody time anyway. Just put him on the loo though, didn't try to use the potty in there!

We have a potette and use it anywhere and everywhere, on the street, on a train, in carparks grin they are fantastic.

Oh and don't buy the expensive bags made for the potette. use nappy bags with cheapo sanitary towel in it, does the same job.

girlywhirly Thu 04-Jun-09 17:08:48

DS could use the potette on the plane seat if there is a big queue for the loo, just put something like a towel or changing mat under in case he misses! I doubt anyone would notice unless he did a poo! If you were worried about smells you could spray some perfume on the absorbent bit in the potette bag.

A mum changed her baby's nappy next to me on a flight, stretched across hers and DP lap and no-one saw anything (she did ask if I minded first!) I sympathized with her, it's v.difficult to change or potty a child in an aircraft loo.

What will you do when you get to your destination? Won't it be expensive to keep using the potette?

Maveta Fri 05-Jun-09 09:33:44

why would it be expensive to use the potette????

Tigerlion Fri 05-Jun-09 14:45:51

I might take my cheap smallish Boots potty in my suitcase. He will be delighted to wear pull ups in the plane, believe you me!

girlywhirly Fri 05-Jun-09 16:23:36

Maveta, I meant if the potette was the only potty the child was using all through the holiday, it would be expensive to keep refilling with the bags, when emptying a normal potty would cost nothing. Especially with a newly trained child using it frequently!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now