Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

I haven't the first clue....

(4 Posts)
knittingmum Wed 03-Jun-09 11:54:15

.....about how to start potty training my DD. Can anyone recommend a book I should read to help me get my head around it? (Would prefer to stay away from Gina Ford - unless you think it's really worth it) Anyone?

Octothechildherder Wed 03-Jun-09 19:32:54

1. Potty
2. Mini toilet seat
3. Wine
4. Choc Buttons
5. Lots of patience

You don't need a book - simply take off nappy and take them to potty/ask if need wee wee every now and then.

If they know what wee wee and poo is and they are doing one - start, if they don't, don't!

Good luck smile - I am doing it for the third time at the moment and it is going great. The first was terrible (PFB) as he wasn't ready, the next great and ds3 - great!

MrsJamin Thu 04-Jun-09 21:00:02

There's a section in the mumsnet toddlers book about potty training.

speedymum Thu 04-Jun-09 21:43:58

"Early Start Potty Training" by Linda Sonna. American lady, so if you don't mind the American references, it actually has some good ideas. Don't be fooled by the "early start" bit, she covers all ages of starting, but I found it pretty inspiring (and no, we didn't train a 4 month old!!!!). Avail on Amazon for about £7.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now