Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

How do you refer to boy bits and girl bits in your household?

(28 Posts)
sleepsforwimps Wed 03-Jun-09 08:35:22

Currently potty training dd who was convinced she had two bottoms one at the front and one at the back.. After telling her the front part wasn't a second bottom, she of course asked me what it was called... In panic I said it's your 'bits' but not sure she was convinced!

How does everyone else refer to boy/girl bits?

RealityIsMyOnlyDelusion Wed 03-Jun-09 08:39:06

Message withdrawn

Welsummer Thu 04-Jun-09 23:06:12

In our house, it is "man's bits" and "lady's areas"!

TheFallenMadonna Thu 04-Jun-09 23:10:57

Despite my best efforts with vulva, DD (5) prefers to refer to her wee bottom and her poo bottom. She is also aware of the presence of a 'baby hole'. DS (7) says penis, scrotum and testes.

smartiejake Thu 04-Jun-09 23:20:38

Do you know what? I have 2 girls and I don't think we ever had a word for it- never really needed a label.

However my sis has a boy and girl and her DD (4) said recently "boys have willies and girls have bits!"

I suppose there are lots who will use the anatomically correct names but there is something that always makes me feel a bit shock when I hear a 2 year old complaining that a boy (also 2) has been trying to look at her vagina when all he did was lift up her skirt!(One of my friend's DDs)

LovelyRitaMeterMaid Thu 04-Jun-09 23:22:30

Boys have willies, girls have bits.

TheFallenMadonna Thu 04-Jun-09 23:25:32

Although DD knows there is a 'baby hole', she is really only concerned with the wee-ing functions. I think some people focus on the vagina thing without giving much thought to what young children actually experience. I've never met a young child who could talk about a urethra, but many who talked about a vagina. Why?

TheMitsubishiWarrioress Thu 04-Jun-09 23:28:28

Um...DD calls her front bits 'tushy', can't remember where she got it from, but it stuck.

DS....willy,

Anatomically correct names are known but I also find use of them a bit hmm.

Poppity Thu 04-Jun-09 23:29:34

Boys have willies and goolies
Girls have fairies- could get confusing at some point thoughgrin

jabberwocky Thu 04-Jun-09 23:43:07

My boys have a penis, scrotum and testicles.

Mommy, err, just "doesn't have a penis" nuff said on that for now

feedthegoat Thu 04-Jun-09 23:49:53

Ds calls his willy or wee bits. Thankfully the time he started potty training and decided to refer to it as his snake was short lived. grin

Hangingbellyofbabylon Thu 04-Jun-09 23:53:50

when dd was tiny she chose the name 'ticker' (originating from 'tickle' as she was rather into that at the time blush) Now she is nearly 5 she has recently decided that the girl ticker is a 'horseshoe ticker' and the boy ticker is a 'chimney ticker'! there's been a lot of talk about tickers lately in our house as I am pregnant and every scan they want to know if we have seen the ticker yet. grin.

elle23 Fri 05-Jun-09 12:45:01

I'm trying to encourage them to use Penis & Vagina which they do some of the time, but generally they both call their private parts their "naked" grin

I hate when my mum tells DS his penis et al is his "bits & pieces" hmm

bubblagirl Fri 05-Jun-09 12:50:25

i'm honest about the willy but not vagina i say lady bits as ds can be a bit verbal on the way to public toilets and lady bits sounds better as that could be items also lol

saintmaybe Fri 05-Jun-09 13:25:12

penis

vulva

as it was when i was a child

job done

Abena Sat 20-Jun-09 10:30:46

My ds has a willy and my ds has a winkle. They are twins nearly 3.

apotomak Sun 21-Jun-09 03:55:32

I heard one of my friends referring to girl's front bottom as 'noonie' (I wrote it as it's pronounced), I thought it sounds nice and that's what my DDs use. I heard somebody else saying it on TV recently too. I'm not sure if it's a proper word but my girls and I have noonies even if others don't know what they are ... we do ;)

4andnotout Sun 21-Jun-09 07:30:37

Girls have a mary and boys have a willy.

ninedragons Sun 21-Jun-09 07:35:58

Fanny and willy. They sound like Victorian twins.

MrsWeasley Sun 21-Jun-09 07:50:19

With my DS2 we call his "it" as in :
"put it away!"
"don't flash it about!"
"we don't want to see it whilst eating!"
"stop pulling it"
"no I don't want to stroke it!"
"put it away"

Can you see a theme? grin

CantSleepWontSleep Sun 21-Jun-09 07:52:41

Girly bits.
Willy.

oopsacoconut Sun 21-Jun-09 08:05:52

In our house boys have willy's and girls have winkles. Just like DD has boobie when she wants a BF. they will be taught to the right names for them and can then chose to use them when they feel comfortable. Some kids I worked with were always given the anatomical names but were embarrassed when they went to school the started using foof and wee snake which drove the parents mad.

naturalblonde Sun 21-Jun-09 08:32:05

Girly bits and willy.

Although dd called it a tail the other day when she saw dh in a changing room (She actually said, 'daddy, I'm going to pull your tail' in the swimming pool changing rooms. DH mortified, tittering from other changing rooms) wink

pranma Sun 21-Jun-09 16:06:57

boys have willies girls have 'ginas!

HecatesTwopenceworth Sun 21-Jun-09 16:14:58

I always intended to use the correct names. penis and vulva. So when ds1 pointed to himself and asked what it was, I said "it's you penis". Well, he really liked that word and talked about his penis a lot, at home, at school, out and about. Even coming out of school and yelling that his penis itched <sigh>

Then for some reason he started calling it his wee-wee. So we've gone with that now instead. He knows the proper word is penis, but he chooses to have a nickname grin

Then when he pointed to me and said "what's that" (I was clothed btw!) I said "tummy", cos, erm, well, it erm, overhangs blush so he did a sort of swooping underarm movement to indicate that he meant what was lurking UNDER the tummy, and I opened my mouth, I was going to say vulva, I really was, but instead what came out of my mouth was "front bottom"

I blame my mother.

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now