Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Please help me!!

(4 Posts)
melmog Tue 02-Jun-09 17:04:40

I have started potty training I don't know how many times but have always given up. After an hour today!!

I really don't know what I should be doing to sort this.

DD1 (3 in August) is very clever, happy to sit on the potty and wee or poo, tells me what she has done and even tries to clean it up.

My problem is she constantly 'dribbles' poo. This means I can only let her run round without a nappy when I am watching as wherever she sits she leaves marks. She is also holding her bottom and feeling for poo and then wiping it on whatever is to hand... the wall just now.

I know I'm sending mixed messages by stopping and starting but what do I do?? Can't put her in pants and go anywhere as I'm constantly checking and changing her.

Advice, anyone??

KirstyJC Tue 02-Jun-09 17:14:19

Hmm, only had 1 DS to potty train so far and not come across this. My sister has trained 2 x DDs and not had this either.

Is there a medical reason why it keeps dribbling out? Can she tell it is coming out? Maybe when she poos she doesn't finish and needs longer to get it all out?

I would have a word with health visitor about this. They must have come across this before and will hopefully be more help than me!

minko Tue 02-Jun-09 17:15:28

We did potty training last week and I found the same thing. DS kept trying every five minutes to do a wee and was just pushing too hard and a bit of poo kept coming out every time. But that was only when he didn't have pants on. If you keep pants on, distract her and just ask occasionally if she needs a wee, well that works for us anyway...

melmog Tue 02-Jun-09 17:30:10

Thank you, both of you.

Seeing health visitor next week so will hopefully get some help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now