Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Can I ask some advice on totsbots please?

(23 Posts)
bratnav Mon 01-Jun-09 11:59:17

I used them last time (7 and 6 years ago) with a nippa and loved them. I have since sold them so I need to start from scratch.

So,

1. are the velcro or poppers ones better?
2. cotton or bamboo?
3. if you buy the birth to potty kit, are the wraps that come with this any good? If not, which are the best wraps to use with them?

Thanks, I am beginning to realise how much I have forgotten about new babies and all their equipment blush

bratnav Mon 01-Jun-09 17:32:23

bump anyone?

littlelamb Mon 01-Jun-09 17:35:21

I love using my tots bots I got the birth to potty pack for 25 quid in TK MAxx shock These are nippa ones and I find they fit much better than some velcro ones we have, and ds also hasn't worked out how to get them off wink Ours are cotton, though I understand bamboo dry quicker. The wraps are alright, but only now ds is a bit older. I got the nappies when he was about 4 or 5 months old and the wraps seemed to leak a lot. Motherease Airflow wraps have never leaked for us. Good luck and congratulations

bratnav Mon 01-Jun-09 17:40:25

I thought that the cotton dried faster, but the bamboo were thinner on?

£25 OMG shock

bratnav Mon 01-Jun-09 17:42:58

Oooh, Motherease are what I found best last time IIRC, thanks for that, so probably best to buy the nappies separately from wraps?

mistlethrush Mon 01-Jun-09 17:50:12

We prefered Nature Babies wraps over tots bots except at night when we used TB fleece wrap.

Bamboo - thinner but take longer to dry. We used these overnight, later on boosted with a prefold, but used the cotton ones during the day.

minicorrect Mon 01-Jun-09 17:51:10

I have a bamboo little lamb and it takes longer than my cotton nappies to dry.

Do you mean you used the motherease wraps last time? If so yea it would be worth getting them separately. But I here the tots bots wraps are a lot better these days.

DrJen Mon 01-Jun-09 17:53:26

We're using tots bots at mo (DS 5months old)

Got mine as seconds for tots bots for £65.

Using cotton during day (no tumble dryer) and bamboo nappy with 2 bamboo boosters for night nappies (increases absorbancy so don't have to change overnight)

Using a mixture of tots bots, motherease, bummis and fleece wraps. Personally I prefer the older style tots bots wraps the ones with the gusseted legs, but the others are fine.

We've got velcro coz thats all I could convince DH to use, but incidentially DS is on the petite side and even the size 1's are too loose so we're using a nippa!!!
But DS is beginning to get the hang of velcro so with hindsight - I'd go with nippa (as thats what we're using over the velcro anyway!!! ) or poppers - they seem harder for little fingers to undo!

ilovemydogandmrobama Mon 01-Jun-09 18:02:12

Tots Bots Bamboozles are great! I prefer popper as velcro tends to get worn out.

Love the new Tots Bots wraps -- Flexiwrap which has a softer gusset then the previous Rainbow wraps, but great on containment.

Octothechildherder Mon 01-Jun-09 18:40:49

I have 5 new white tots nippa version and some nippas and some new easyfits. I do like bamboo nappies though - if you are having a girl Lollipop are selling 20 size 1 nappies and 6 covers for £120. Email me on vicki.k.finn@googlemail.com if you are interested in the Tots. I also have them listed (not the nippa ones) on the lollipopclothnappies ebay shop.

A few people have said the leg hole is too big on the easyfit - but all of them have quite big gaps on the BTPs. I like the new tots pocket aswell.

Octothechildherder Mon 01-Jun-09 18:41:16

sorry - they are pink and bamboo!

ermintrude13 Mon 01-Jun-09 18:44:57

Some local councils run cashback schemes if you use cloth nappies - eg Notts County Council will give you £25 in return for a receipt showing expenditure of £50 or over on cloth nappies and wraps. Sometimes you can claim retrospectively. Check out your local, borough or county councils websites, usually in the environmental pages.

£25 from TKMax is a bargain!

bratnav Mon 01-Jun-09 23:11:38

Oooh, £30 from the council here!

So poppers are better aplix?

We are having a boy, or the bamboo offer would be ideal. Can't see DH going for pink nappies grin

bratnav Mon 01-Jun-09 23:11:40

Oooh, £30 from the council here!

So poppers are better aplix?

We are having a boy, or the bamboo offer would be ideal. Can't see DH going for pink nappies grin

mumtoted Mon 01-Jun-09 23:16:24

I used Tots Bots with velcro. the first size did them both about 7 months and then the next size up i used until i got fed up with having to change them so frequently, when they were 18 months. I was very pleased with them and would recommend.

Octothechildherder Mon 01-Jun-09 23:42:01

£30 in Wilts aswell - also free trial kits.

bratnav Tue 02-Jun-09 12:00:15

I think I will have a trawl on ebay, do you think thecouncil would accept payment confirmation from paypal as a 'receipt'?

tegan Tue 02-Jun-09 12:08:26

I have a multipack of sz 1 bamboozle with velcro tots bots for sale. I on;ly bought them 7 months ago and only used them for a few weeks. £80 posted if anyone is interested

bratnav Tue 02-Jun-09 12:31:22

tegan, what colour/how many?

tegan Tue 02-Jun-09 14:29:58

15 nappies
4 outers
1 unopened pack of liners
carry bag

tegan Tue 02-Jun-09 14:30:35

sorry forgot to put they are original/cream colour

bratnav Tue 02-Jun-09 14:41:02

Will need to talk to DH about money, but they sound perfect, will let you know ASAP.

tegan Tue 02-Jun-09 15:25:28

ok thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now