Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Nappy rash since starting weaning

(6 Posts)
wiggletastic Sun 31-May-09 19:42:55

Does anyone have any good recommendations for treating nappy rash? DD is 7 months and now she is actually swallowing some food (she is BLWd) she has got nappy rash. Does she need to drink more water to dilute her pee? She has cut back on her milk and we have tried giving her water from a cup but she just spits it out. How can we get her to drink more water? Also, any good creams that would help?

Wigeon Sun 31-May-09 22:16:21

The best thing we find is nappy free time every day - we try to do it for at least half an hour before bed (on the laminate floor for inevitable accidents!)

Octothechildherder Sun 31-May-09 22:59:45

Citrus fruits can cause chaos - even as juice - so leave them out.

wiggletastic Mon 01-Jun-09 09:11:40

Thanks for the advice, we have been giving her orange to eat so will give that a miss for a while.

Sullwah Mon 01-Jun-09 13:13:04

Try Mitanium - it cures my DTs nappy rash practically overnight.

I think for some babies the post-weaning poo can just be too acidic for their tender bots. Only one of my two got bad nappy rash and they were eating the same food - so I think that some babies just get it worse than others.

The skin soon gets more resilient - so should just be a phase.

wiggletastic Mon 01-Jun-09 16:30:34

Thanks Sullwah, hopefully you are right and as she gets bigger it will be less of a problem. Will try the Metanium.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now