Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

DD (2 1/2) seems completely freaked when she wees

(10 Posts)
MaggieTulliver Sun 31-May-09 15:47:22

Dd2 (so I Should know what I'm really).

She is 2 1/2. We've taken her pullups off this weekend as the weather has been so nice.

She knows what the potty/toilet is and what it is for. She knows when she has done a wee/poo in her nappy and can tell me. She wanted to wear grown up pants.

She has had 2 accidents and has freaked when the wee runs down her leg. She really wants to wear big pants but I dont want to make things worse for her in the long run. She's very stubborn and doesnt want to wear a nappy but doesnt want to go to the loo either.

Any suggestions?

MaggieTulliver Sun 31-May-09 15:48:56

I should point out that she only seems to wee about every 3-4 hours so she's not actually getting much 'practice' iyswim

TrinityRhino Sun 31-May-09 16:07:44

maybe show her you going to the loo
like really seeing the wee go in the loo instead of down your leg
and she will see how much nicer and easier it is?

but I'm no good with toilet training so BUMP
grin

MaggieTulliver Sun 31-May-09 17:41:15

tried explaining and she sat on the loo for me once and did nothing. now she is wandering aroung having had no wee for 2 hours, refusing to sit on loo or potty, or have pull ups on. what have i started?

LenniEd Sun 31-May-09 20:55:39

<<Waves>>
Sympathies Maggie - DD is the same. She also hangs on 3 hours or so between going so when she goes it is a lot. Have you tried the potty books? Those seemed to reduce the fear for DD, and she will now go on the toilet, but still not quite ready to go without nappies. Another option is training pants - they will hold one wee but feel wet unlike nappies/pull ups and look a bit more like proper underwear.

MaggieTulliver Sun 31-May-09 21:02:22

Hi Lennie

Have some training pants somewhere from dd1. could try those. She's just so stubborn and having had more than 10 mins without a nappy on thinks that she doesnt need them anymore....but she hasnt a clue what to do really.

I know i should be patient but it is so much harder with the 2nd. sigh.

Elibean Sun 31-May-09 21:16:09

<<waves too>>

No advice, I'm afraid, am in the same boat - though dd still ok about wearing nappies most of the time, she's definitely interested in taking them off and I feel I should sort of go with it. Unlike dd1, she's never managed to pee or poo in the potty or on the toilet, either - she sits on it and grunts and tries hard, very entertaining but non-productive hmm

'fraid the best I can offer is sympathy...

MaggieTulliver Sun 31-May-09 21:19:51

oh eli. you and me really are living parallel lives arent we?

things is, dd1 was trained by now.I dont want to rush dd2, tbh i have been avoiding t at all costs for ages.

if i could have a week in the house it would be easy but school rus, clubs etc are going to make it impossible arent they ? hmm

MaggieTulliver Mon 01-Jun-09 07:48:18

Ok, we've had a successful wee on the toilet today. She hates the potty but seems happy to go to the loo which is good.

MaggieTulliver Mon 01-Jun-09 19:49:26

Yay, we had another wee on the loo before bed.

She had pull ups at preschool/school run but then wore nothing after that and had no accidents (but no wees either) between 3.30 and 7.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now