Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Help- how do I get out poo stains!?

(8 Posts)
GYo Sat 30-May-09 10:54:19

Hello

Please come someone help with a recommendation to get out breastfed poo stains? The stains are on both the tots bots (original nappies) and baby clothes.

I was told not to soak the nappies but to put them in a bucket with a lid. I washed then at 60 degrees as directed and the orange stains are still there.

Are the nappies/ clothes ruined now the stains have been "washed in"? or is there a way to get it out?

The nappies have been lent to me, so I fear I may need to buy replacements.

Thank you

belgo Sat 30-May-09 11:04:40

Put them out in the sun. The sun acts as a natural bleach. I use paper liners in nappies to try and stop this.

I also dry pale and wash at 40-60°C.

GYo Sat 30-May-09 11:13:39

Thanks. I use fleece liners but some escapes up the sides !

Will try the sun

PartOfTheHumphreysGroup Sat 30-May-09 11:28:03

Miofresh is great at getting stains out, (works on colour runs too)

duvetheaven Sat 30-May-09 18:33:04

Try biotex powder

twoclimbingboys Sat 30-May-09 21:13:05

I dry pail too, but I have a spare bucket and rinse the nappies in cold water using the shower head over the bucket before putting in the nappy bucket. I rinse them whenever Blake has pooped, DH doesn't - the ones I rinse hardly ever get any stains.

The sun works wonders. Ecover bleach has been recommended to me but I haven't actually tried it.

Octothechildherder Sun 31-May-09 11:22:35

A good sanitiser followed by sunshine!
Try Lollipop Clean & Fresh, Onelife Pure or some eco-laundry bleach - homescents do one I am trying out at the moment. I have also got a sample of TotsBots new Potion - used it yesterday and it worked brilliantly.

I have problems getting to poo out of my fleece outer stuffables and the Potion/C&F work the best. Potion had a weird smell/texture which made me a bit hesitant but performance was great. I don't think Potion is available to buy yet but think you may be able to order some from the Tots website.

Pure and Clean & Fresh are available from teamlollipop or the lollipopclothnappies ebay shop. See link in classified.

Remember the sunshine!

HTH smile

GYo Fri 05-Jun-09 08:46:32

Thanks for your helpful suggestions.

Belgo- I put the items in the hot sun and the stains went during one day!

Thank you so much!

GYo.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now