Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Do u always wipe public loo seats before DC use?

(16 Posts)
nomorechoc Wed 27-May-09 10:34:51

As it says really - not sure if i am being obsessive or if its normal to wipe the seat down before use and then give DC a bit of a clean afterwards?

CMOTdibbler Wed 27-May-09 10:37:21

I don't. But I don't wipe the toilet seat before I use it either. We obv wash our hands after though

MrsMerryHenry Wed 27-May-09 10:40:55

DS too young for this, but I'm interested to know what others do. Public toilets are rank because people treat them so badly. I usually wipe, then lay down tissue on the seat for myself - have been known to use antibac gel on the seat as well. I'm certainly not an anally retentive, obsessively clean sort (just come to my home and run your fingers over our shelves!).

Some people leave bodily fluids of all types on loo seats, I simply can't bear the idea of sitting on someone else's dried wee (or worse - boak).

So I think I would wipe for DC - if I had time, that is!

bump09 Wed 27-May-09 11:45:58

Message deleted

Flynnie Wed 27-May-09 11:47:07

God yes!
I normally put toilet paper on it while telling dd not to touch anything.

I hate public toilets(shudder) When dd had to use the one in Tesco a few weeks ago one of them was like that scene out of trainspotting.

Aimsmum Wed 27-May-09 11:47:27

Message withdrawn

NationalFlight Wed 27-May-09 11:49:43

Hmm I don't really like ds using theones at his school either...however it's prob good for his immune system, and he has a separate loo to me at home which is nice!!!

I rarely if ever use public toilets. I am a real scaredy cat about them.

usernametaken Wed 27-May-09 12:33:30

DD is 4.2yrs and I still hold her whilst she has a wee in a public toilet, that way she doesn't have to touch anything! She is very small and has a tendancy to fall down loos if she doesn't hold on hmm!

I'm not even obsessional (or even care remotely) about dirt and germs at home but public toilets make me shudder!

bigchris Wed 27-May-09 12:37:07

nope

nomorechoc Wed 27-May-09 13:33:18

ok thanks - seems mixed response but i guess most important thing is hand washing. And definitely a bath in the evening if been in a grubby public loo in the day..

helsbels4 Wed 27-May-09 13:36:49

I usually wipe the seat in public toilets and have been known to put tissue down to sit on too!

We always wash our hands but I cringe when dd then opens the door and I think of all those people that haven't washed their hands but touched the door handle on their way out.

meerkatmum Mon 29-Jun-09 21:24:38

I always hold DD 4 yrs over toilet and don't let her touch anything. She always has her fingers in her mouth so hate to think what germs she could pick up from public toilets - she also washes her hands everytime.

DebiNewberry Mon 29-Jun-09 21:27:52

She has to actually hold on to the seat or she'd fall in, so I put loo roll on the seat or hold her over it.

Yurtgirl Mon 29-Jun-09 21:37:13

I have never been so fussy re my dc using public loos
And certainly never think when we get home "Oh I must give them a bath, they used a grubby toilet"

We dont use grubby toilets! (There is a grubby toilet block in our park, we never go near it!)
Most public loos are cleaned regularly and are no more grubby than ours at home

Colonelcupcake Tue 30-Jun-09 16:58:12

It all depends on the toilet really, if it looks dodgy then I would but if it appears clean and dry then I don't

ABetaDad Tue 30-Jun-09 17:03:13

No but do not let them touch the seat with hands and wash thoroughly after.

As previousyl posted on MN I do aggressively clean tables on trains before allowing the kids to eat and also cover them with a paper table cloth. DW goes hmm and disowns me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now