Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

wonderoos versus fuzzibunz - discuss

(15 Posts)
popsycal Fri 06-May-05 09:24:15

just venturing into the world of cloth nappies...done lots of research and buying a couple of different types.

i want either a fuzzi or wonderoo and know the main differences - price, sizing etc - but wondered if anyone had any personal recommendations with reasnons,....
tia

starlover Fri 06-May-05 09:29:33

i use fuzzi bunz. but haven't tried wonderoos so can't comapre.
f-b's are fab though!

popsycal Fri 06-May-05 09:56:06

what inserts do you use?

chipmonkey Fri 06-May-05 10:42:48

popsycal, I think the main difference between a fuzzi-bunz and a wonderoo is that a wonderoo is supposedly from birth to potty. I haven't tried them because I assumed they would be bulkier on a newborn than a fuzzi-bunz. The fuzzi-bunz are lovely and slim.

misdee Fri 06-May-05 10:44:29

fuzzi are imo better on a smaller baby. wonderoo seems to be too big round the legs.

chipmonkey Fri 06-May-05 10:45:11

i use either prefolds or fuzzi-bunz micro-inserts. The micro inserts are very thin and I find these fine for daytime. The prefolds are better for night. I did use both a prefold and a booster in the nappy at night but recently forgot the booster and it still didn't leak.

starlover Fri 06-May-05 12:19:11

i use mother of eden microfleece inserts. as chipmonkey said, very thin, but hold a LOT of wee!!!

popsycal Fri 06-May-05 14:02:32

he is 12lbs so i thikn i am going to have to get a medium one whgich starts at 13lbs and he will br n it in 2 weeks
thanks fir advice

starlover Fri 06-May-05 15:25:12

yeah definitely go for medium popsycal. they're adjustable so should be fine.
DS was about 13lb when we started using them, and he has one small one which only just fits him

chipmonkey Sat 07-May-05 00:32:00

Ditto what starlover says. ( I always seem to agree with starlover!) ds3 is 14lb now and the small is getting very tight at the leg gusset.

starlover Sat 07-May-05 09:45:04

chipmonkey, how old is your ds?
I love it when people agree with me it never happens in real life!!!
even though i am always right..... strange that

Yorkiegirl Sat 07-May-05 10:17:58

Message withdrawn

starlover Sat 07-May-05 10:33:00

yorkiegirl... would you say the hemp inserts are worth the extra money? I use microfleece which I like as it dries quickly and is cheap.
do the hemp ones dry quick? do they absorb more than the microfleece?

Yorkiegirl Sat 07-May-05 10:55:27

Message withdrawn

starlover Sat 07-May-05 15:02:29

got mine from babykind

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now