Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

why are my AIO tots bots nappies leaking?

(13 Posts)
carrie200181 Mon 25-May-09 12:27:13

hi im new to all this forum thing so if you can help me out thats great.
I bought the all in one tots bots nappies and i love to use them but i do get a lot of leaks. Its ok in the house because its easy to change him but its still a pain beacause his clothes are all wet and i feel really bad when i dont notice it.
My baby us 4 weeks old just in case it matters, and they usually leak at the legs has anyone else experienced this or does anyone have any advice.

NappyStack Mon 25-May-09 15:35:39

I'm sure someone will come on soon with advice, I have the birth to potty bamboozles from totsbots but found they leaked when DD was still v little. Now at 3 months they fit much better and don't leak anymore, maybe the same problem. Once his legs chub out a bit they might be fine?

PfftTheMagicDragon Mon 25-May-09 15:56:56

Because they are crap!

Maybe not, but I have one (I used 2 parters for DS and then got some BumGenius and a TB all in one to try) and the tots bots leaks every time I use it.

I know that generally, leaks through the legs are down to poor fitting so maybe try tightening, or maybe it's the wrong type of nappy for you DC's shape? Mine leaks through the legs and I have been using nappies for ages now and they also leak straight through the front.

I am sending mine back!

clothaddict Mon 25-May-09 20:44:39

I'm afraid to say it but mine do too. I thought it might just be the new-ness of them , needing more washes to increase absorbancy of teh inner bit, but no. I'm sorry about it as I liked them. Disappointed as love my other tots bots bamboozles but really I like pockets/ AIO's for easiness.

carrie200181 Fri 29-May-09 08:13:51

thanke everyone at least i know its not just me. his legs do need to fill out a bit so they are tighter but they should fit better. Its not even the fact that he is a tiny baby he is a big 11lbs at 4 weeks. I think i will complain to tots bots as they are meant to be from birth.

Octothechildherder Sun 31-May-09 11:26:49

I have been using the bamboo easyfit with no problems. They do recommend 6 washes to get them to absorbency. The leg gusset is big for a newborn I agree - I recommend them for babies over 8lbs - chubby legs also a bonus!

I also have a fluffle one which hasn't been as successful - he just seemed to wee down the leg like you say - thought it just needed more washes. Will do more tests!

Octothechildherder Sun 31-May-09 11:27:52

Lollipop have just released a new nappy btw - called the Pop n Gro - all in one - WITH a leg gusset!

PfftTheMagicDragon Mon 01-Jun-09 16:52:30

Octo, I have the fluffle one. DD is now 6 months so it has had plenty of washes. Like you, I assumed that it just needed more, I kept thinking "one more wash" each time.

No such luck hmm

Octothechildherder Mon 01-Jun-09 18:12:15

hmmm maybe an email to totsbots is needed! At the Baby Show they did say the bamboo one was the better seller - I love their new tots pocket tho - DS3 toilet training at the moment so buying nappies is off limits blush

speedymum Thu 04-Jun-09 21:53:05

What waterproof pants are you using over the top? I always found the Tots wraps to be quite rubbish, Motherease were pretty robust though. If it is "wet" coming through, it may be the wrap. If it is "poo", sounds like the nappy itself. Most local independent nappy agents have Motherease wraps, as do Lollipop (I think), you could also try a second hand one from usednappies.co.uk as the really tiny sizes hardly get used.

Don't let it put you off cloth nappies - it is trial and error and what works for one baby isn't always the best option for another.

have you run Tots Bots for advice? You could always google nappies & the name of your town to see if there is anyone local who could come and advise you (zillions of local nappy ladies around now).

Best of luck

purplesal Thu 04-Jun-09 22:45:01

As it's a Tots AIO you don't need a wrap over it - although perhaps a decent wrap might solve the problem!

But I can second the recommendation for the Lollipop Pop'n'Gro - so much better fitting around the legs as it has a gusset. Also much much softer outer material. I like the funky Tots outers on their AIO nappies but hate the plasticky feel of them.

If you contact me I'll email a photo of the new Pop'n'gro - it's gorgeous and comes in some lovely colours too - especially the Hot Pink.

speedymum Fri 05-Jun-09 19:13:22

Apologies, forgot they were AIO, when I saw the bamboo, I think I had had too much wine and forgot no wrap....I know the nappies you mean, I could never get them to be "stuffed" enough with absorbency.

The Pop and Gro has had good write ups and comments from what I have heard....find your local Lollipop lady, they will thank you for it

carrie200181 Thu 18-Jun-09 23:16:16

thanks everyone, the Lollopop sounds like a good idea but i grudge spending more money as i bought the tots bots thinking there would be no problems.

i have started changing him every couple of hours to keep them from leaking but its such a shame when he falls asleep and i forget then he wakes up soaking.

I think ill get some of the bamboo iners and try that, do you think i could put a wrap over the top of them, if so any suggestions on which ones?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now