Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Poopy pants

(7 Posts)
squishy Wed 20-May-09 20:20:38

OK, am sure this is a daft question, and feel a bit ashamed/stupid asking it, but we've just started potty training and DD has really got the hang (mostly) about wees, but poos are different; so we're getting lots of pooey pants.

And other than holding in the clean stream of water in the loo and flushing, I don't know how to clean them - DH left me a pile of 4 when I came back from a business trip last night (don't start me!!) and nursery sent one home today and I don't know where to start.

I believe I shouldn't rinse/wash them in anything other than water that will go down the toilet because of contamination - am I right? but still don't know how to get sticky poo off and they are really sticky!!! Sorry if TMI!

TIA!! blush

bran Wed 20-May-09 20:53:35

DS was a bugger to potty train because he couldn't feel that he needed to poo so often didn't have enough time to get to the loo. He did extremely gooey poos so I used to buy a load of cheap Asda pants and just cut them off with sissors. It wasn't very ecologically friendly, but it saved spreading poo all down DS's legs.

FrazzledFairyFay Wed 20-May-09 20:55:55

I used to buy cheap pants and just throw away the really pooey ones.

squishy Wed 20-May-09 22:00:40

OK!! That makes me feel better for wanting to just chuck them! Thanks for your help!!!

A friend has since told me to 'scrape' the poo off, but some of them are just too gooey!!

swampster Wed 20-May-09 22:18:58

I have been known to snip the sides with a pair of scissors to get them off my DS and chuck them - and I'm a cloth nappy user blush. Some things are just too gross.

Henrietta Mon 01-Jun-09 13:13:01

If they do poo in pants I get them to stand on a stool in fron of toilet facing me then pull pants slightly down & flip into toilet
If its a real mess (ie sat in it) take them off as best as I can then flip inside out in the toilet and flush the toilet over them - gets rid of most of it then put in a bucket ready for next wash-don't leave longer than a day for smell though

bumptwitknocker Thu 04-Jun-09 20:01:41

I'd bin them if they're really yucky. Not nice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now