Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Probably a silly question, but which potty?

(11 Posts)
AnnieSG Mon 02-May-05 20:27:07

...I seem to have blanked out all memories of toilet training ds1. Thinking I should start with Ds2 (he's just two and is always telling me about poos; has started noticing when he wees now too) but just wondered whether anyone has a view on the best sort of potty? Should I go for a bog-standard design (excuse the pun), one that's like a small chair, one that does the washing up and hums Oona Paloma Blanka at the same time? Anyone got any thoughts?

charleepeters Mon 02-May-05 20:51:46

um i dont think it matters i know my niece had a singing chair one andshe didnt like it she said it must have a mouth to beable to sing and she didnt go poos in a mouth, so my sister had to get her a normal bog standard one, but i dont know i suppose its just whatever your ds prefers.

jenthehen Mon 02-May-05 20:55:14

I'd go for the traditional one. We had to buy one as the removable potty/ chair style one was too small and ds's bits kept hanging over the edge!

Hulababy Mon 02-May-05 20:56:47

I woudld go for a potty chair, as they seem to be more cofortable and also more stable when your little one uses the sides to push themselves up.

So of the cheaper normal potties are very hard on small bottoms. We had a cheap Asda one (for the car) and it left big red rings round DD's bottom

Lonelymum Mon 02-May-05 21:00:43

Get one with a nice stable base to avoid spills, and quite a wide rim so it is comfy. You put me to shame BTW as my ds3 is 2 and tells us when he has done poos (but not wees). I was planning on leaving it until the summer. I sooo dread potty training. That said, none of my others seemed to use the potty for very long....

AnnieSG Tue 03-May-05 09:44:57

Thanks for that all. But, Lonelymum, you can be reassured by the fact that there is usually a very large gap between my making a plan to get started on something and actually doing it!
I bet it'll be the summer before I get round to it too....

Lonelymum Tue 03-May-05 10:15:37

Perhaps we will be crouching on Mumsnet about all the puddles at the same time then! Good luck with it!

koalabear Tue 03-May-05 10:41:08

my sister in law took her son with her and he chose his own potty - it seemed to work, and he thought it was fantastic and wanted to spend all his time there

Lonelymum Tue 03-May-05 10:44:51

Sorry, just realised I wrote crouching. I meant grouching! Sorry, not well today.

AnnieSG Tue 03-May-05 14:18:43

Sorry to hear you're not well. We all seem to have had a horrible dragging cold for about 400 years too. Think it just goes with the territory!

zubb Tue 03-May-05 14:46:14

Like koalabear's SIL - ds was with us at the shop - not really meaning to buy a potty as we were looking at something else - but he chose a car shaped traditional one, and was really excited about using it and hardly had any problems.
He was very into cars at the time so it did help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now