Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Bought a wool soaker - what would you think...

(15 Posts)
anchovies Wed 06-May-09 18:59:11

Paid £11 for a wool soaker off another forum (hollowoak) described as stunning but that the dye is a bit uneven due to it being hand dyed. Never had a wool soaker before so was quite excited when it finally arrived but the hand painting on it has mostly come off and almost the whole of the front is greyish rather than purple. It is pretty horrible looking to be honest but looked nice on the photo. What should I do? Sell it on but would have to charge at most half of what I paid for it, email the seller to ask if I can return it or try to dye it back to a half decent colour? Should I have expected it to be so discoloured (is it normal?!)

Deemented Wed 06-May-09 20:50:15

Hiya,

I frequent a few forums with Emma, who runs Hollow Oak, and i'm sure if you contact her then she'll sort out any problems that you have, although i know she's away on holiday at the moment, think she's back in about 10 days time.

sasamaxx Wed 06-May-09 22:50:35

Doesn't sound great to me...I'd def go back to the seller!

JennyPenny22 Wed 06-May-09 23:36:44

I would contact the seller, but send a polite email simply explaining the situation and see what she said.

I sold something not long ago that the buyer wasn't happy with, but it was a genuine misunderstanding - I hadn't checked the item properly blush, but basically it was damaged so useless. As soon as she said it, I knew I had been in a hurry when I sold it so knew she was probably telling the thruth, even though I had no idea. Anyway, I gave her a full refund and didn't ask her to send it back.

Not saying she will do this as this is a completly different situation, I just mean that it might be solved without upsetting anybody. Maybe she will give you a little bit of money back or something.

anchovies Thu 07-May-09 00:35:02

Thanks for the replies, I will be brave and send a nice email. I hate things like this, feel bad for complaining even though for £11 I kind of expected to get something my dd could wear (not just for bed IYSWIM)

Deemented Thu 07-May-09 07:23:40

Really, don't worry, Emma is lovely and i'm sure that she will sort out any concerns you have. As i said, she's on holiday at the moment, so she's not going to reply to your email straight away, but i'm sure she will as soon as she's aware of it.

Flamesparrow Thu 07-May-09 07:50:42

Agree with Deemented - Emma is lovely

anchovies Thu 07-May-09 10:41:57

Sorry have not made my self clear, it is a hollowoak soaker but bought second hand from another mum.

So sent her a nice email last night saying I was a little disappointed and could I return it and she basically said no as she thought it was a fair price and that she's said that the colour was darker on the back. So am gutted really, no way I'd sell it on to someone for £11 so will just have to get whatever I can back for it.

Deemented Thu 07-May-09 11:16:44

Ah right - i thought you'd bought it new from Emma. Tis so annoying when that happens.

Flamesparrow Thu 07-May-09 12:30:35

Aaaaaaaah, I've had that before. Often the pic shown is what it looked like before they mullered it

swampster Thu 07-May-09 13:29:28

Name and shame, anchovies!

Deemented Thu 07-May-09 16:10:00

Yes, i'd name and shame too so others could beware!

sasamaxx Thu 07-May-09 22:25:02

That's shocking - I'd be raging.

EmmaSalmon Tue 16-Jun-09 10:27:43

Just seen this post. If you want to send it to me I will put it through a dye for you. There is not alot I can do about the painting, as depending upon how they have been treated, it really has an impact on how long the painting lasts - wool is not as absorbant as the other fibres, and the painting often seems to 'sit' on the top a bit. That said the newer ones I have been doing I have been attempting to resolve this problem
xx

EmmaSalmon Tue 16-Jun-09 10:29:24

you will have to PM me as I dont visit here too often!!
or contact me through the hollow oak store....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now