Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Getting There. I think

(4 Posts)
gscrym Fri 29-Apr-05 15:23:53

Today is day 2 of DS (2yrs, 8 months) in cotton pants. He seems to be okay, only 3 accidents per day. I've been making him go to the toilet before we go anywhere to cut back on the accidents. Whenever I ask him if he needs to go he just says no. I don't know whether he genuinely doesn't know or if he just doesn't want to. His pull ups are barely damp when he gets up because he goes to the toilet before his bath and doen't really take a bottle at night. Anymore potty help would be lovely.

Pinotmum Fri 29-Apr-05 16:09:42

I'd just keep reminding him and gradually ease off. My ds has been training for 1 month now and is pretty much there now. However, he still has the odd accident when engrossed in something. If it seems a while since I've seen him go to the potty I remind him and if he says No! I take him anyway.

Fran1 Fri 29-Apr-05 16:22:11

I guess all kids are different, but i found i had to trust my dd when she said no for fear of causing upset and trauma about the whole potty thing.
It all happened very quickly, within a week or two i could totally rely on her to ask when necessary and i only remind just before we leave the house.
Thats a week or two after the "official" training began. Months prior to it she spent a lot of time nappiless when we were indoors but pullups when we were out.

mummylonglegs Fri 29-Apr-05 16:59:42

Heellllooooo pm!

I was the same really with dd as Fran describes. She got so fed up of me asking her, and I got so fed up of asking her that I kind of let her get on with it after the first week or so. But, like pm, I also know that sometimes she MUST need to go and so I do everything in my power to get that little bottom on the potty!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now