Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Why do girls train quicker than boys?

(15 Posts)
bobbybob Thu 28-Apr-05 04:22:47

First question - is this the case? It certainly seems it from reading the threads on here.

And if so why?

Is it physiological - our "need" to wee is higher up and inside our bodies? Where does a male feel his need to wee?

Fran1 Thu 28-Apr-05 07:02:34

Don't know the ins and outs but yes its physiological.

And something to do with emotional development also.

I think it also demonstrates the difference between the sexes. People say treat all equally etc but there are difference, girls and boys will and do have differences no matter how much we give barbies to boys and action men to girls there are still differences.
I think subconsciously girls become more "aware" and a wanting to feel clean and dry, which comes later in many boys.

Before anyone jumps down my throat i am all for equality with toys and bringing up of girls and boys. i just feel nature is telling us there is a difference and we can't argue with that.

throckenholt Thu 28-Apr-05 07:46:48

I can think of 2 boys that I know that trained really easily (ie decicded to stop using nappies and next to no accidents) - I can think of lots who took ages - mine included.

I can think of lots of irls that trained easily - can think of maybe one that took a long time.

So generally in my experience yes girls find it easier than boys - but no idea why.

Just my luck to have 3 boys !

MarsLady Thu 28-Apr-05 08:19:47

My daughters were slower than my son.

tortoiseshell Thu 28-Apr-05 08:49:46

Ds took quite a while to get it - I have put this down to him not wanting to be bothered with stopping playing to go and do a wee - why should he when he could just do it as he played. The turning point was when we went on holiday with lots of our (and his) friends, and he didn't want to be seen to be a 'baby' who had accidents.

fairyfly Thu 28-Apr-05 09:20:16

because men haven't evolved yet

cod Thu 28-Apr-05 09:30:18

Message withdrawn

SoupDragon Thu 28-Apr-05 09:50:14

"girls are tidy" pmsl. I'm not!

cod Thu 28-Apr-05 09:50:55

Message withdrawn

WigWamBam Thu 28-Apr-05 09:53:34

They don't, always. My dd wasn't dry until she was almost 3, and at almost 4 has only just stopped having a nappy for a poo. She's still not dry at night. Her best friend, also a girl, was also still in nappies until she was almost 3.

My friend's two sons were both dry day and night by the time they were 18 months old.

expatinscotland Thu 28-Apr-05 10:13:25

I was just like your DD, WWB. I was 2.5 before I would even look at a toilet w/o running away screaming.

JoolsToo Thu 28-Apr-05 10:36:29

cos they're female and females are superior

bobbybob Thu 28-Apr-05 10:40:59

My ds is extremely tidy.

suedonim Thu 28-Apr-05 14:57:31

My ds's were much easier to train than my dd's! The boys were done & dusted at just over 2yo while the girls were 2.5+yrs and took forever to get the idea. Mind you, the boys were in cloth nappies while the girls were in disps. I wonder if that is what made the difference?

Xena Thu 28-Apr-05 15:04:13

Would agree with sue my DS was much easier than DD. DS didn't wet himself after he was trained where as DD still does now and shes 3. DS was also dry at nights at the same time by himself where as we have had real trouble with DD.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now