Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Question about Slinki Minkis

(15 Posts)
MrsDoolittle Fri 22-Apr-05 13:44:15

I would like to buy a couple of slinki minki nappies for the summer, I never used a stuffable nappy before.
Can anyone give me advice on using them?
What is the best thing to stuff them with? bearing in mind I want them to stay slim.
Thanks ladies!

MrsDoolittle Fri 22-Apr-05 14:18:43

bump

pootlepod Fri 22-Apr-05 20:37:59

Microfibre cloths for slimness, woolworths etc. Otherwise , anything will do-terries, prefolds. Minki's are my fav.

chipmonkey Fri 22-Apr-05 21:19:42

Fuzzibunz Micro inserts are good. tbh I find fuzzibunz slimmer than minkis but my mum had trouble with the poppers!

MrsDoolittle Fri 22-Apr-05 22:53:02

Okay, I'll buy a couple of microfibre inserts from minki at the same time. How does that sound?

Gomez Fri 22-Apr-05 22:55:52

Used Fuzzi Bunz and Slinks and would agree that the FB micro inserts are super. Also preferred Fuzzi Bunz nappies - found a bit of wicking with the fleece slinkis also better fit with the Fuzzi - but my girl has huge thighs so that might have something to do with it.

Maisiemog Fri 22-Apr-05 23:23:27

Hi there,
whilst we're talking about slinki minkis - I have a minki nappy and have found it fine when ds is up - just pad the front peepee bit and it works fine. BUT when he goes for a nap the insert at the back doesn't cope very well with the peep and he has had a couple of wet bed experiences. I put in a hemp insert and a terry insert. What am I doing wrong??

MrsDoolittle Fri 22-Apr-05 23:36:10

Okay, I have bought 3 slinki minkis from Minki and then I have bought 3 minki microfibre inserts from the kittykins site. I also bought a Stacinator wrap! What does anyome know about them?

chipmonkey Sat 23-Apr-05 02:32:59

I don't know anything about a stacinator wrap, mrs D, but it sounds dangerous!

starlover Mon 25-Apr-05 10:11:17

you don't need a wrap over your minkis mrsdoolittle...

other than that, I know that the stacinator are supposed to be a rather nice wrap because they have fleecey bits round the leg for comfort, but you have to be careful that it is pulled down away from the nappy in case it wicks.

MrsDoolittle Mon 25-Apr-05 13:18:42

I know starlover! The wrap is for my totsbots and bumbles at night

chipmonkey Mon 25-Apr-05 13:35:06

Just saw the stacinator wrap. Looks lovely! But why the awful name?

MrsDoolittle Mon 25-Apr-05 21:53:53

Dunno - that's what I thought too

MrsDoolittle Wed 27-Apr-05 19:27:32

Now my Stacinator wrap arrived today. It is now on dd for night-time. It's lovely and cosy but it's huge!!
The three large soakers I ordered have arrived but they are very large. I am afraid they are too large, has anyone any experience?? Please?

MrsDoolittle Thu 28-Apr-05 10:17:43

The stacintator wrap is FAB!!
I am well impressed. It wasn't even damp when I took it off this morning. I am actually really surprised.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now