Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Feeling so guilty.....

(5 Posts)
mammaofmiracles Wed 20-Apr-05 11:53:41

Well, I'm writing this because I have a 2 year old daughter who is about to be 3 next month. I also have a 3 year old and a 1 year old. We just moved from a house into my mother in laws house because my husband is about to be deployed. Suddenly now she (2yr old) wets her bed every night, goes pee like every half hour, and she won't tell anyone she has to go, she'll just hold herself. This is coming from a little girl who used to hold it for like 3 hours, wake up in the middle of the night to pee, and also tell you when she has to go. I don't know what's wrong, I am SO WORRIED, and I feel like it's my fault. I am only 21 so I feel alot of pressure to do things right, plus I worry about my little girl. There must have been something I did or didn't do. Is it stress, does she know daddy's leaving? Because of the new environment, or is it a medical problem problem. I just don't know!
Any advice would be great please!

chipmonkey Wed 20-Apr-05 12:44:58

Is she afraid to use the new toilet? ds1 wouldn't use a toilet in my Mums house because there was a lot of limescale in the bowl and he thought it was dirty. Also, and increase in the frequency could be a genito-urinary infection, maybe get it checked out with your GP, they can usually test there and then.

mammaofmiracles Wed 20-Apr-05 12:50:11

nope, she has no fears of the potty, she'll go when she is taken to the pottywith a smile on her face, but she just doesn't go by herself like she used to before

Mum2girls Wed 20-Apr-05 13:00:56

My friend moved house recently and her DD, who had previously been toilet trained, went completely back to basic. I would guess thats what's happened here. Her HV said that with the move, her DD just had too much to think about.

PandaBear Wed 20-Apr-05 13:05:08

Hi - know idea why this has happened, but I just wanted to post to say don't beat yourself up over it!! You sound like a great mummy and as for doing things right..... you as her mummy probably know better than anyone else!!! Take care and good luck, hopefully she'll revert back soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now