Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

black poo - crikey!

(9 Posts)
chicca Tue 19-Apr-05 16:21:49

Is this normal I ask myself (and you). It has emerged from DS (9 months) still a little bf and on solids (tho' nothing black in last 24 hours!)
Explanations most welcome.......

noddyholder Tue 19-Apr-05 16:23:53

has he had iron supplements they make your poo black or did he eat something with a deep colour?

chicca Tue 19-Apr-05 16:32:23

No nothing. He's eating othig that he's not had befoer in the last few days. And neither have I.

chicca Tue 19-Apr-05 16:33:23

I think that meant to read "nothing" and "before". oops.

Chandra Tue 19-Apr-05 16:33:55

What about beans?

chicca Tue 19-Apr-05 16:40:36

nope. He ate banana and kiwi, mix of various veg - squash, parsnip, potato; pear. All the norms really.

Chandra Tue 19-Apr-05 16:44:22

I really don't know, I guess that this comes into the list of mysteries of motherfood along with solely breastfeed babies who poo something like green spinachs or the fact that they can produce a perfectly clear dribble while drinking a bottle of milk...[puzzled emoticon]

chicca Tue 19-Apr-05 16:52:47

True. He seems fine so I won't worry until there's a change there. At least I now know about the potential of beans and iron supplements!

donnie Tue 19-Apr-05 18:31:48

it might be that soem 'old poo' has finally come out of its hiding place. Old poo is darker but it doesn't sound like you should be worrying.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now