Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Which potty should I buy?

(12 Posts)
franch Fri 15-Apr-05 19:17:51

Ages till we potty train but DD is taking a great interest in toilet activity so thought I'd buy a potty to stick in the bathroom and she can sit on it if she so chooses while I go to the loo.

Any particular type/brand I should get?

Yorkiegirl Fri 15-Apr-05 19:18:18

Message withdrawn

franch Fri 15-Apr-05 19:20:48

Aha, good idea Yorkiegirl - Only thing is no local shops sell potties so I was going to get one on the net - she's not quite got the hang of surfing yet

Yorkiegirl Fri 15-Apr-05 19:24:52

Message withdrawn

Furball Fri 15-Apr-05 19:54:31

I found a potty to low for my ds, so ended up with something like This

PS. We did NOT get one that play a tune. Anyone who did - did the tune get on your nerves?

foxinsocks Fri 15-Apr-05 19:57:45

I found this one to be the best...potty chair

It's not too low, it accommodates the bigger bottom and the child feels 'safe' on it cos it's like a little chair.

jane313 Fri 15-Apr-05 19:59:05

Has anyone got a car one? My son is obsessed with cars so I thought that would be good. Someone I met said her son only liked ones with sides so he could push himself out of it better. I remember my nephew had a nice teddy one which was a chair as well.

Hulababy Fri 15-Apr-05 20:54:39

There is a VW Beetle car potty here. It is here on e-bay too.

Judd Fri 15-Apr-05 21:01:54

We had one similar to Furball's from ToysRUs but it didn't have handles. It was very sturdy and we called it DD's "little toilet" as she seemed to have an aversion to the word "potty"
The ToysRUs one comes with Bruin Bear faces that you put in the bottom of the potty to be weed on. That was a massive bonus for us...infact I was drawing and cutting out extra faces for weeks to come!
Our lowest point came at the park one afternoon when DD needed a wee. I whipped out the potty (sorry, "little toilet") sat her on it whilst cradling a crying 3 month old baby, she refused to wee until I found a smiley face, group of teenagers mocked us loudly.....and it started to thunder and lightning!
Oh yes, when they have graduated to the toilet, the lid goes down and forms a handy step.

jane313 Thu 21-Apr-05 19:57:14

ebay is hilarious. Someone paid more for a used potty than they could have got it brand new!

franch Fri 22-Apr-05 13:40:22

Somehow a used potty doesn't appeal, can't think why ........

ebay is mad

honeypot01 Sun 24-Apr-05 11:46:44

We didnt even use a potty, found they were all too small for ds. He dropped on floor and split, mothercare took it back thou.

All the children i've known have never used potties. We just got the kiddies toilet seat from mothercare, a lot better and a little kiddies step for them to get to the toilet. So much easier as all my used to do with potties was put his teddies on it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now