Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Idiots guide to cleaning a potty needed please!!

(8 Posts)
Thankyouandgoodnight Thu 05-Mar-09 21:18:39

blush

ravenAK Thu 05-Mar-09 21:20:01

Shower spray! Obviously tip any lumps down the loo first...

Shitemum Thu 05-Mar-09 21:21:37

Tip down loo, wipe out with loo paper if pooed in , rinse again and you're done. Oh, and clean properly with bath cleaner or whatever now and then...

FrazzledFairyFay Thu 05-Mar-09 21:26:09

tip contents down loo and wipe out with loo roll each time. From time to time, wipe with anti-bac wipe, or anti-bac spray, or loo cleaner or similar.

pooka Thu 05-Mar-09 21:31:05

I tip out contents into loo. Then place potty in large sink and pour hot running water with a tiny squidge of bleach in until the water is clear. Use bleach because ds and dd also use potty as hat.

mumoftoby Thu 05-Mar-09 22:37:34

For wee's I just empty into loo, then add water from sink and then pour that down loo too. For solids, same then wipe with loo roll, then put more water and a few pumps of antibac handwash in (I should stop being lazy and leave a pack of antibac wipes in the bathroom) and finally rinse.

vesela Fri 06-Mar-09 11:49:10

Having only just potty-trained, we still have baby wipes around - they're excellent for the initial wipe-out after tipping a poo down the loo.

SchnitzelVonKrumm Fri 06-Mar-09 12:05:12

we use white vinegar for ours, decanted into a spray bottle. antibacterial and won't harm toddler if left lying around.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now