Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Wool wrap pattern

(6 Posts)
ceb80 Sun 22-Feb-09 15:03:41

My bf's Gran is bored and wants to knit something for the baby! smile
Can anyone suggest where I can find some patterns for wool wraps or longies or shorties online pref free or cheap. Have had a quick look and found the curly purly one but all the others seem to be crochet or the links are broken!
Also any tips re what wool to use most appreciated.

Hopefully Sun 22-Feb-09 18:42:36

I'm going to try this one, there's a wrap pattern on this site too, but i've heard it's not very generous.

It's for DK wool though, which some claim is less useful than Aran weight. No personal experience though! Alternatively, a more experienced knitter might be able to alter the pattern to make it suitable for aran weight wool.

ceb80 Sun 22-Feb-09 20:50:15

Hi Hopefully
Thanks for that, is the wrap pattern the soaker one at the bottom of the page? It says its for a 1year old so if its not very generous what kind of age do you think it will fit?

Let me know if you come across any more!

Hopefully Sun 22-Feb-09 23:18:01

I have a few more links written down upstairs - I'll post them tomorrow when not trapped by feeding baby!

ceb80 Mon 23-Feb-09 14:46:54

Bugger, didn't read your post properly and have just been to wool shop (now there's an experience for a non knitter smile and got 2 balls of aran weight wool.

What is DK wool?

ceb80 Tue 24-Feb-09 15:02:32

Hi Hopefully, did you manage to find those links? Sorry know you're prob really busy so don't worry if you don't have time.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: