Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Is it possible to use cloth with 3 dcs and a part time job?

(5 Posts)
anchovies Fri 20-Feb-09 09:41:38

Have 3 dcs, 5, 2 and 6 months. Always used washables previously and bought a new newborn stash for dd however have not started using them yet. Amount of washing was/is hideous, am working 3 days a week and my mum started buying disposables with her weekly shop. She hasn't bought any for a while and I have found myself spending a ridiculous amount on nappies. So should I bite the bullet and start on the reuseables? Or is it not physically possible?!

nappyzonehasastroppytoddler Fri 20-Feb-09 09:46:51

As long as you have enough and ensure you wash the nappies on set days so you have enough, I only have 2dc so dont know how much extra washing that additional person is giving but if you just used them for your 6 monther then your perhaps talking 2 -3 extra loads a week (poss only 2) nappy dedicated washes. My ds is a toddler and i have about 16 in good circulation and dedicated for nursery also so easy pockets to turnaround - i do a nap wash tue and sat and never run out that way though use the occasional sposie for a night.

4andnotout Fri 20-Feb-09 09:51:33

I dont have a job but i do have 4 dd's 7,3 16m and 15 weeks and i use cloth. I echo nappyzone that if you have enough to was overnight every 2-3 days i cant see the problem.

ches Sun 22-Feb-09 04:22:39

I'm presuming these lovely 3 DC have a father who can be given the task of washing nappies. Perhaps he can be lured into the ordeal with half of the cash spent on disposables to be spent at the pub on a Friday night?

trufflebum Mon 23-Feb-09 11:56:35

I know of families who cloth with 5 plus children and full time jobs so yes, I guess it is possible. Just make sure you have enough nappies and a handful of terries or prefolds just in case.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now