Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Tips for getting DD to sit on the toilet

(3 Posts)
spook14 Mon 11-Apr-05 09:26:52

My DD is two and a half and after ups and downs she's fairly well potty trained BUT won't use the toilet, which means I have to carry a rucksack about with me all the time with her potty in it!
Any tips to encourage her to even try to sit on the toilet?

welshmum Mon 11-Apr-05 09:30:40

Has she got a girl friend who's slightly older than her? Our dd decided she wanted to use the loo when she saw her friend doing it - then she wanted to be a big girl like X.
In our small outside loo I've also installed one of those kitschy see through seats with fish etc on it - when dd has mates over they queue up to use that loo!

LIZS Mon 11-Apr-05 09:41:03

Is it just a problem when you ar eout ? If so you could try a Tommee Tippee Toodle-loo seat to give her abit of security. ds used a toilet insert seat at home until he was 4ish but dd never needed one. 2 1/2 is quite young to use it instead of a potty (some will though) but I never took a potty around with me for either of mine so it was just not an option.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now