Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

question about motherease nappies

(6 Posts)
pinkiss6486 Tue 10-Feb-09 15:48:53

Hi,

Im expecting my 1st baby and decided to use reusable nappies.So, I bought 7 new motherease one size nappies and boosters off eBay for more than £40. When I received them they don't look really new to me as they're pilled everywhere, esp the hems and the tags are slightly faded, some tags even got tears(completely different from the new onelife nappy Ive got from my council so I thought the seller has washed them several times (as instruction) and asked her whether these have been washed and she said that they have never been washed, that was as they came from the shop as new and that they are different from onelife nappies. Could anyone please tell me whether its true as I dont really want my baby to use old nappies and dont have a new motherease nappy to compare .

Thanks

Indith Tue 10-Feb-09 15:51:19

Sounds dodgy to me, new nappies wouldn't be in that condition.

pinkiss6486 Tue 10-Feb-09 15:56:12

yes thats what i think but since her husband(who sold them) insisted saying they're new, i dont really want to be rude by saying they're liar and get a refund (they said they dont mind refunding me tho). Also, these cost £7 to return so I'm not sure wether it's worth the effort...

ceb80 Tue 10-Feb-09 16:47:43

It is against Ebay policy to sell used nappies so if you think that they are used you could report them. I have bought lots of preloved nappies to use as they are cheaper and that way I can see which ones I like best without spending too much and then sell on the ones I don't get on with.

Are you more worried about the fact that they are 2nd hand or that you were told that they were new and they don't seem to be. (personally I think it sounds like they are used).
There is a good market for 2nd hand nappies so you should be able to sell them on without too much problem.

pinkiss6486 Tue 10-Feb-09 18:14:27

Hi Ceb80,

To be honest at the beginning,I decided i'd like to buy new nappies for my baby but after reading so many threads here, I think it's okay to do so I just want to clarify things so I can say sorry to the sellers if i'm in the wrong for asking for a refund. thanks a lot

ceb80 Tue 10-Feb-09 18:28:59

I don't think it's wrong if they were advertised as new and they aren't.
Def ok to use 2nd hand tho, couple of washes and they're all the same anyway!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now