Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Need advice on potty training ds (almost 3!)

(4 Posts)
huffpuff Tue 10-Feb-09 11:21:35

ok ok, i know i should have tackled this ages ago but in my defence i have been dealing with breast cancer etc so im afraid potty training has been left until now!

Ok - ds is 3 in May. He is in pull ups and has successfully used the potty at random times.

Any tips and advice on how to do this successfully most welcome. My dd was 3 when we potty trained her and it happened within days but she seemed more ready.

tia

nuttygirl Tue 10-Feb-09 11:26:21

We went cold turkey grin. Stayed in Mon-Fri and let dd run about bare bummed. She had a couple of accidents (only with wee) but by the end of the week she was dry and wearing knickers & a skirt. We took her out on the sat and she was fine. On the Sunday she got the hang of trousers (think by then she'd learned that she was meant to sit on the potty whatever iyswim, rather than thinking "trousers, oh i must have a nappy on")

crokky Tue 10-Feb-09 11:30:14

yes, we also just ditched the nappies. DS was about 2.7 and it took 3 weeks. During the 3 weeks, I cleaned up lots of accidents every day, but what really worked in the end was as soon as he got up in the morning, we sat him on the potty in front of the TV with some grapes (or choc buttons!) and waited til the wee came. When it came, we did MAJOR praising!

Quidditch Tue 10-Feb-09 18:39:48

Try a My Wee Friend potty sticker - a black sticker which you stick on the bottom of the potty, and when they wee on it it changes to a picture - car, dog, caterpillar etc. It changes back to black when it's cold, ready for next time. There are 9 different motifs, and they're only £2.99 each, so well worth a go!

They really work - kids love them!

www.myweefriend.com

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now