Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

When should I put clothes back on bare bottomed DD?!

(6 Posts)
emmielou Sat 09-Apr-05 21:27:27

DD has had bare bum for a couple of days whilst potty training.. Had success with wees in potty, thought it would be okay for her to start putting some clothes back on ..??

DD asked to wear dress and tights this morning...(with pants !)and she had an accident this pm, is this usual? Should she go back to bare bum, or is it just a coincidence?

mummylonglegs Sun 10-Apr-05 21:26:52

How old is she, emmielou? I tried to train dd at just gone 2 and she was able to wee and poo on the potty so long as she was bare-bottomed but the moment she had clothes on / we were out etc. she'd have accidents. She also wasn't that good at telling me when she needed to go, so much as going when I suggested it. So I postponed for a while and have just now been training her again at 2 1/2 and she's been in knickers only for a couple of days, then clothes since and only had accidents really for a day or so. From what I've heard / read, it's important to get them into underwear / clothes so they really learn the difference between wet and dry.

emmielou Sun 10-Apr-05 21:36:25

DD is 2y 10m - Have since gone back to bare bum, and had success.. Not sure where to go from here now...

mummylonglegs Sun 10-Apr-05 21:45:28

Is she telling you when she needs to go? If she is then I think you have to put her in knickers for a day, then clothes, and let her have some accidents for a couple of days.

emmielou Sun 10-Apr-05 21:56:17

No, hasn't been telling me when she needs to go, just going and sitting on potty, then says "wee-wee Mummy" !!

misdee Sun 10-Apr-05 21:58:04

my dd2 has been running in from the garden yelling 'wee wee' and sitting on the potty. she is still bare bummed, and i gave her a week off due to dh being taken back to hospital, but am determine to crack this quickly. we had 3 accidents this morning, but none this afternoon.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: