Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Fleece liner advice advice please!

(5 Posts)
thehouseofmirth Mon 09-Feb-09 08:27:04

DS2 due anytime now and am determined to use cloth this time (terry squares then on to Tots Bots). Have got lots flushable liners left over from my half-hearted cloth attempts with DS1 but they feel horrid and I've heard fleece is softer and poo falls off nicely.

Am a bit cpnfused as I've read about people usng fleece and a disposable liner and wondered why or do you put the disposable one between the fleece and the nappy otherwise I don't see the point.

Secondly, I picked up a greatly reduced fleece baby blanket at Tesco the other day. Can I use that to make some and if so, what size do you recommend I cut them?

Thanks!

lindenlass Mon 09-Feb-09 09:38:47

Don't know why you'd use both - bit of a waste of time imho!

Yes, cutting up fleece blankets is v cost efficient, esp if it's the 99p ones from ikea! wink Cut them the size to fit the nappies you've got.

nuttygirl Mon 09-Feb-09 10:06:01

Fleece is definitely nicer on their bum and keep it a bit drier too. The poo does just roll off it but you might want to use disposable liners for the meconium poo as it's v sticky.

And, yep, just cut the blanket to fit your nappies.

thehouseofmirth Mon 09-Feb-09 13:33:48

OK stupid question - when you say cut to size to fit the nappy, do you mean to cover the whole of the nappy? Presumably not?! The fleece liners I've seen online seem to be rectangles so I'm assuming I cut it so it's long enpough to go from top of front of nappy to top of back and as wide as the crotch area though the way baby poo spreads would an hour glass shape make more sense?

HensMum Mon 09-Feb-09 13:39:22

I've got some hour glass shaped ones and they are no better than rectangular ones so I'd do rectangles to minimise waste from your blanket.
They don't need to go all the way to the front/back of the nappy, just need to cover where the nappy gets dirty, though it's better to be too long than too short.

I found paper liners better before DS was weaned as it was easier to pull out and get everything into the toiler. Fleece is better for solid poo though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now