Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Passing plop wakes my tot

(10 Posts)
erika Fri 08-Apr-05 21:47:35

My ds (18 months) always seems to poo during the night. It obviously upsets him because he cries a lot during the night whenever he goes. Is there anything I can change with his diet or anything I can do to make him go during the day? The night time crying is driving me spare! I was under the impression that you shouldn't change their nappies at night, but should I? He doesn't seem to cry during the day when he goes.

misdee Fri 08-Apr-05 21:50:07

if you know his done a poo in the night, then keep the light low and quietly change his nappy. i can change dd2 nappy and she'll sleep through or just stir a bit.

Demented Fri 08-Apr-05 21:51:25

My DS2 did this quite a bit, never did find any solution, he didn't do it every night, but now he is dry and clean during the day and the poos through the night seem to have stopped too.

purpleturtle Fri 08-Apr-05 21:51:39

I think if it's a dirty nappy, and you know about it, you should change it. Not least because the room smells horrendous in the morning if you leave it there to fester!

KBear Fri 08-Apr-05 21:54:17

Great title for a thread though, and definitely change him. My DS used to do that too, soon changed to days.

Demented Fri 08-Apr-05 23:18:14

I always changed him, but it wasn't half a pest!

erika Sat 09-Apr-05 21:46:13

Thanks for letting me know he's normal to do this. None of the parenting books talk about what you should do if they poo in the night. I couldn't work out why he was crying in the night. It sounded like he was in pain, so I changed his diet, I tried different nappies to make sure he wasn't uncomfortable. I never go in to his room unless he cries for a long time, so didn't think it could be for attention.
I knew that sleepless nights would go on for a while, but it never crossed my mind that he would still be waking in the night for that.

Xzebra Sat 09-Apr-05 22:03:05

We call them plops, too! DH came up with it in our household.

erika Sat 09-Apr-05 22:39:55

my dh came up with that title as I couldn't think what to call our "issue"! Seemed to describe it quite well though and made us laugh!

Demented Mon 11-Apr-05 09:28:50

LOL at the thread title, when I replied I was feeling a bit fuzzy and couldn't actually make any sense of the title but now I see!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now