Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Dare We Go Out In Pants?

(16 Posts)
jojo28 Fri 08-Apr-05 15:01:34

DS is 2.7 months he is doing well at home with his potty. I keep him bare bummed and he just uses it when he needs. Great, but what do I do now? I am pretty sure he wouldn't be happy on a loo yet. Do I just put him in pants and make my way in to the world nappy free? What happens if he gets caught short... portable potties - how practical are they? Love some advice for the next step.

WigWamBam Fri 08-Apr-05 15:07:51

I wouldn't recommend portable potties, tbh - the one we had was too small to be of any use, and the only time I tried it with dd, the wee went sailing over the front of the potty and ended up all over my shoes.

Try taking him out in pants and see how you get on. Every time you pass a toilet (or a shop with a toilet), ask him if he needs a wee, or even take him in and see if he will have a try. I was surprised at how well my dd did the first time I took her out - I was expecting all kinds of fuss and accidents, but she was fine.

Although that said, do make sure that you carry a spare change of clothing just in case!

flamesparrow Fri 08-Apr-05 15:08:54

I have a tommy tippee portable potty which we love, but I am still trying to be brave enough to do the real world in knickers full time... we had an exciting tesco incident last week - "wee wee mummy" as I heard fluid splashing to the floor

Shazzler Fri 08-Apr-05 15:09:17

Why not put pants on in the house for a while to see how he goes?

He may need reminding for a while that he has pants on though!

catgirl Fri 08-Apr-05 15:27:29

for the first couple of trips out we did, we took our normal potty (in double layer carrier bag) and some nappies to absorb wee in case we weren't near a drain. No problems. Also used the portable potty for a while, when I got round to buying one. Good luck!

triceratops Fri 08-Apr-05 15:35:04

Had fun in Toymaster today as ds suddenly found he was desparate. Asked if there was a loo we could use and explained the situation but the assistant said it was company policy not to let customers use their toilet (health and safety apparantly) anyway I turned around to find ds in a puddle!

Serves them right. It was good to see the shop assistant with a mop and bucket, how about the health and safety of a puddle in the middle of the floor? Had to go to M&S and buy some clean trousers and pants. Ds was mortified.

jojo28 Fri 08-Apr-05 18:14:27

I think I just have to give it a go and expect to have accidents for a bit. He wears pants some times in the house but he's always pulling them off! What a bunch of job's worths in Toymaster they were lucky it was just wee! Thaks for input.

Pinotmum Fri 08-Apr-05 18:59:11

I have a portable potty and ds sits on it wherever. He's not a shy boy . He sat on it today in the open air car park at sainsbury's with blizzard winds howling round his little bottom. I think they are invaluable. I also had a piddle pad to put on the buggy seat and car seat. You can get them from Jojomamanbebe for £9.99 (i think??) and they are good for when it's just too late to get the potty ready. Oh potty training, what did I do all day before I started training ds?

daisy1999 Fri 08-Apr-05 19:02:12

any shop that refuses a child the toilet deserves all that it gets!!!

jojo28 Fri 08-Apr-05 21:30:23

OOhhh I am loving the piddle pad could have done with one of those when I was 8 months pregnant and peeing myself every time I sneezed ! Could not find it at JoJoMamanBebe but saw it here is this what you meant? Saw training pants? Some sort of microban filter .... he's not a raw chicken! Useless?

philippat Fri 08-Apr-05 21:33:40

am I the only one that happily holds dd to pee behind bushes when we hit a 'need to wee mummy' moment?

WigWamBam Fri 08-Apr-05 21:34:19

The Piddle Pad is a good idea. The Buppy Pad is nice as well, and comes in some lovely designs and colours.

Pinotmum Sat 09-Apr-05 09:05:44

Jojo28, yes that's the one I mean. I think trainer pants are so expensive I just wouldn't buy them on principal. WWB couldn't get your link to open for the Buppy

jojo28 Sat 09-Apr-05 09:15:21

I am not above anything philippat! But living in very urban Kentish Town shrubbery is hard to come by! What about between parked cars?!! Love the buppy pads but their site seems to be down, I found them here .

Pinotmum Sat 09-Apr-05 09:27:07

The Buppy Pads are lovely .

googoo Sat 09-Apr-05 11:34:44

buppy should be up and running now
something to do with switching servers over so they run faster

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now