Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Fuzzi Bunz / Network Marketing

(7 Posts)
hub2dee Thu 07-Apr-05 18:42:36

Hi,

On the quest for nappy nirvana, I came across Fuzzi Bunz, which, by many accounts, is an excellent nappy.

They are made by a company called Mother of Eden, and clicking around their Web site you can come across their 'Make a Difference' (MAD) sales area. Basically, it outlines a network marketing approach to the Fuzzi Bunz nappies and other products they sell (most to do with attachment parenting), detailing levels / commission rates etc.

Looky here .

I generally steer well clear of products sold this way.

What do you think ? Does it matter not a jot to you ?

Tissy Thu 07-Apr-05 19:50:05

Hmm, know what you mean, but the nappies are good!

They fitted my daughter well, but we didn't start using them till she was toddling. Don't think the "leg seal" is good enough for the breastfed poo days.

hub2dee Thu 07-Apr-05 20:01:32

I can understand that really it has nothing to do with the purchase by the end user... this nappy is maybe £7 - £10, as are many of the other nappies of the same quality...

But the fact that the business is based on a network pyramid selling model always makes me fear that people are more interested in creating sales networks than selling product, as that is where the money is.

I am, however, aware, that many Fuzzi Bunz vendors will simply be selling this as A N Other product in their nappy range, and will not be spending any effort AT ALL in developing their network...

It just feels a bit 'ewwwww" IYSWIM...

Tissy Thu 07-Apr-05 20:06:46

Yes, ISWYM. Glad I didn't have that to consider as well as everything else when I was choosing nappies.

In your search for nappy nirvana try a few different styles before spending a lot of dosh on one system- what you like will depend so much on your baby's shape, wetting ability, whether you have a tumble dryer (though if you're seriously considering leather slings, then I guess you do), who will be doing the changing....

FWIW, I don't think you can beat the Totsbot for sheer absorbency, but it does give the babe a bit of a big bum.

hub2dee Thu 07-Apr-05 20:11:20

Love the Totsbots fairy look.

Wouldn't buy the leather sling new as price is crazy plus I'm an 'uneasy with leather but wear it on my shoes / belts' kind of a vegetarian.

Having same dilema for lambskin stroller fleece too...

Problem with trying different ones is I can't really get a pile ready for newborn... Suppose I could run disposables for a few weeks and try odd ones out...

misdee Thu 07-Apr-05 20:42:50

when bubs is born, or just before contact team lollipop who will send an agent round and make a suggestion on what nappies to try based on the build of your baby. They offer trial packs as well. That way you can find out what works without spending huge amounts on something unusuable.

I also love the d#fairy baby look we get with tots, but fuzzi's are good for days to the hospital for dd3. not too much faffing about

bensmum3 Thu 07-Apr-05 22:20:09

I really wanted to use cloth full time on baby no 3, so I invested in a pack of cotton bottom pre folds, 2nd hand but unused from the nappy lady classified ads, then I added other shaped nappies to try as baby grew, those that didnt suit I sold on, it's definately a good idea to try different types. As for the fuzzi, I love it now ds is older, but had problems when he was very young with leaking, the company we bought from were very helpful though and offered lots of advice.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: