Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

I think DDs rash is fungal .. what do I need to do?

(9 Posts)
lollipopmother Mon 02-Feb-09 09:31:23

I've been trying all sorts of creams (Sudocreme, Bepanthen, Metanium, Calendula) none of which made any difference, if anything it made it worse. So I'm now using some Canesten that I got from Tesco and I think it's working, which must mean that it's a fungal rash??

If this is the case, do I need to be doing anything special to my cloth nappies to stop reinfection?

Thanks.

dingdong05 Mon 02-Feb-09 11:15:50

1st thing I'd say is get it checked out by your dr. If its HC cream your using you need to make sure its of the right strength and you don't use it for too long, as its not good for the skin.
I'd suggest washing your nappies as hot as they can be washed and wash them often- I'm no expert, but I'm sure it won't do any harm! Also try and let your lo have lots of nappy free time- fungus likes the heat, wet and dark (nice! )

dsrplus8 Mon 02-Feb-09 12:34:30

can you not do the live yougurt on the bum thing, shove a nappy on and let the dairy work its magic! smile?,.i got Daktacort cream from doctor for dd4.ita anti bacterial, antifungal and anti inflammatory.grin

lollipopmother Mon 02-Feb-09 16:27:11

Dingdong05 - Thanks, I did feel a bit bad not going to the doc first but it's such a palaver getting down there and I didn't want to look like some stupid PFB mother wasting their time with a bit of a rash. I've been using it two days now and there's been a massive improvement so hopefully I won't use it for much longer.

Dsr - OMG did you do that yogurt thing?! It sounds like the most horrendously messy idea ever!

Friendlypizzaeater Mon 02-Feb-09 16:30:57

When I got thrush I used to microwave my clean knickers for 10 secs (honest !! - tip a nurse gave me) to kill anything that could be lurking

dsrplus8 Mon 02-Feb-09 16:31:13

was messy , but not as bad some of the nappies ive had before. did work a treat! -also works for sunburn!grin

dsrplus8 Mon 02-Feb-09 16:33:33

what goes buzzzzzz- ping? friendly pizzas knickers!¬ pmslgrin(was knikers dry or wet fom washing?)

Friendlypizzaeater Mon 02-Feb-09 18:47:10

knickers dry - only wet when pmsl

dsrplus8 Mon 02-Feb-09 19:10:04

grin lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now