Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Itti bittis dlish on a newborn.....

(7 Posts)
nappyzonehasastroppytoddler Sat 31-Jan-09 21:58:30

In the interests of research (no not for me) has anyone used itti bitti snap ins on a newborn? How did they fair? Also im using mine with the tri fold pad and booster thingy on top - anyone used un boosted on a little one or even a big one?..... Anyone used them overnight (i have not dared) - my ds was in his from 9 till 2 today and they were not competely saturated so i am tempted.

lollipopmother Sat 31-Jan-09 22:27:28

I know that Treedelivery has tried an Itti on her DD who is very newborn and it leaked both times, I'll send her the link to this thread via email in case she doesn't see it.

I use Itti's as our main nappy for daytimes on my 4.5m/o, she's been wearing them from about 13lbs maybe a bit less. I mainly use just the tri-fold and any old fleece liner, but sometimes I use the fleece topped bit with a mini-booster attached. I've never had any leaks but I do find that sometimes the legs of her vest can manage to work their way into the nappy leg and get a bit damp, never anything that would warrant a change of clothes though and it never happens when wearing tights, just a certain shaped vest.

I find the inserts very absorbent, a couple of days ago DD fell asleep on me during the day and I was waiting for her to get soaked through as she was just in the fleece-topped and mini booster. I changed it finally after 6 HOURS and still no leaks!

I wouldn't use Itti's at night though, I am a fleece pocket user for nights, I don't trust anything else purely because I don't like to think that the fleece liner could be slipping/crinkled/uncomfortable.

nappyzonehasastroppytoddler Sat 31-Jan-09 22:32:10

Thanks i appreciate that - i was showing my stash to a preg work colleague (she asked i didnt launch myself upon her) and she liked my ittis and my minkytimes but i couldnt comment on the ittis for a newborn.

lollipopmother Sat 31-Jan-09 22:43:43

I think that Tree said it just wasn't tight enough around the legs but I shall point her this way. My DD is 13lb 6oz at last weigh in and I've had her in Medium the whole time, they are so small in the rise I think. They are bloody gorgeous though aren't they. I had the whole HV clinic at a stand-still at last weigh-in because all the nurses and secretaries were standing round DD stroking her bum!

nappyzonehasastroppytoddler Sat 31-Jan-09 22:49:26

Yes i was thinking if she got them probs wait a while rather than waste on smalls as she was thinking of using some shaped and some bgs. My ds is in range for mediums but we use large to get a bigger rise. I do like them and will stock soon too which will get me in big trouble when i have to own every colour they do for my boy! temptation sat looking at me from a box!

Really though hes ready for potty training but he hasnt wore a red one yet blush

lollipopmother Sat 31-Jan-09 22:57:36

I actually quite like the fact that they're low in the rise, I think they make them look cute being so tiny, but I don't know how practical it'll be later on. I normally much prefer my nappies to be high-rise, I think because I started with Sandy's and they're pretty high aren't they. I'm already using BBOS and Pop-Ins on the middle poppers for her otherwise I think she looks like she's getting builders bum! Itti's fit so well though, they're really nicely shaped.

LenniEd Wed 11-Feb-09 22:25:26

Sorry to come to this so late but I have a couple of Ittis in Small that I use on my 5wk old DS. They did leak round the legs when he was really newborn but hes about 10-11lbs now and they fit beautifully. I'd love to have him in them all the time (currently have Sandys as main nappy, DD's old ones) but can't justify buying more in Small when he'll grow out of them so quick. They are wonderful though - the best nappies I've used and I've really been through loads and loads.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now