Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

7 month old - too you for potty?

(5 Posts)
Pennies Wed 06-Apr-05 19:32:49

My DD is 7 months old and is now sitting up on her own. Each night before bath time she has time off without her nappy and 90% of the time she wees and poos whilst she's on her changing mat.

I was wondering if I could put her on a potty now for this time just to introduce her to it, as opposed to actually starting potty training.

Are there any reasons why I shouldn't do this at all?

kama Wed 06-Apr-05 19:36:15

Message withdrawn

mancmum Wed 06-Apr-05 19:37:21

no reason why not.... it won't actually train her as she will have no control over her peeing and pooing for at leeast another year... but if you want to start emptying potties a year before you need to -- why not!!

NotQuiteCockney Wed 06-Apr-05 19:46:14

There's no reason not to. Some people are into serious early training as part of attachment parenting: here . (Not me, though.)

vess Sat 09-Apr-05 20:16:20

Great link! They have certainly got a point!
Read about it and go for it, Pennies! No reasons not to do it, but plenty of reasons why you should.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now