Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Do I just have to accept that reusable nappies are.......

(20 Posts)
McDreamy Mon 26-Jan-09 10:27:15

.....always going to be bigger than disposables and some clothes won't fit?

BlameItOnTheBogey Mon 26-Jan-09 10:30:47

Yes. I ended up buying much bigger trousers as his size was way too small.

ahedgehogisHibernating Mon 26-Jan-09 10:33:28

Depends on which ones you use, Itti Bitti dlish are slimmer fitting as are flexi tots and some of the sandys

DS is 7 months and wears 3-6 and 6-9 trousers/vests/babygros depending on which nappy he wears

Katw3kitts Mon 26-Jan-09 10:33:46

Yep.

And dont make the mistake I have in buying clothes in the sale that will fit in a years time ... and then you go and find DS goes and trains himself and they are now too big !!

VampiresWalkin Mon 26-Jan-09 10:37:02

Yes. Some are only a bit bigger, but they are always bigger.

littlelamb Mon 26-Jan-09 10:37:09

Yes. My ds is very long so luckily going the next size up has helped somewhat but there are some trousers he has that look like me wearing hipsters hmm not a god look grin I have found tesco trousers seem to fit well (and we use tots bots and they are quite bulky) and dungarees have helped.

MrsBadger Mon 26-Jan-09 10:37:12

yes

I trawl Ebay for Cut4Cloth (now Frugi) stuff, also keep an eye on their sales
and in the summer buy cropped trousers in big sizes so they are the right length in the winter

in fact DH has bought a sewing machine so he can take up normal trousers for dd

and wear more skirts/dresses as tights fit over anything

4andnotout Mon 26-Jan-09 10:37:34

I havent found it a problem yet, the only thing i buy any bigger is vests and babgros for dd3, dd3&dd4 mostly wear flexitots,bumgenius v2,sandys(dd4) during the day which are quite slim fitting. DD3's super boosted bumhuggers @ night are a completely different matter wink shock

MrsBadger Mon 26-Jan-09 10:40:49

oh yes, forgot dungarees
they are ace

and ones you can roll up are even better

VampiresWalkin Mon 26-Jan-09 10:43:38

I only ever had one cut 4 cloth daytime outfit (a couple of vests as well). The rest of the time just shopping in the right places worked. H&M was always good for us. It is easier with boy trousers than girl.

MrsBadger Mon 26-Jan-09 11:12:53

oh I would only buy vests or trous from c4c - sleepsuits don;t matter if too long in the leg/arm, and buying tops, dresses etc from them is abit pointless IMO

the vests are very good though

McDreamy Mon 26-Jan-09 11:40:06

Thank you I am thinking of using Sandys to start with which claim to be quite slim fitting. Have noticed Tots Bots on sale cheaper in TK Max stores but some of the reviews on them seem to think they are quite bulky which puts me off a bit.

GreenMonkies Mon 26-Jan-09 11:43:43

I found BumGenius quite good, still bulkier than disposables, but much trimmer than all the other types I've used.

(I love the big wiggley bottom, DD2 only has it at night now as she's dry in the day, and her night bottom is massive because she wears Slinky Minkis, which are fleecey and fluffy, but huge!!)

HensMum Mon 26-Jan-09 11:48:33

Depends on the nappies you use. DS has always mostly used prefolds which mean no fabric round his hips so most trousers fit well.
He's usually in tops that are one size bigger than his trousers actually, as he's stocky and long in the body.
I don't find dungarees that great due to the long body issue, they are hard to do up and unpopper themselves.

littlelamb Mon 26-Jan-09 12:08:08

I got the tots bots from Tk Maxx. I odn't find them too bulky. Obviously they hve far more bulk in them than a disposable but it's never been a problem for us- and ds has been crawling since 5 months so there's no issue with mobility which did cross my crazy mummy mind hmm grin I would go with tots bots, especially at such a good price.

MrsJamin Mon 26-Jan-09 12:20:03

another vote for itti bitti d'lish, here, they're hardly bigger than disposables, and i haven't really noticed having to go up a size earlier than I should have. dungarees are the best though, DS wears them more than trousers. if you are using cloth from newborn though, i'd get itti bitti d'lishs in medium as they fitted my DS from 3 months - the small wouldn't be worth having for such a short time.

Lex101 Mon 26-Jan-09 12:23:01

I have also found BumGenius to be one of the slimest fitting

Heartmum2Jamie Mon 26-Jan-09 12:43:56

I just buy bigger vests and babygrows and during the day, he wears huggalugs or babylegs, vest and top. It's not like we are going anywhere and if we do, he's in a snowsuit

I am already trying to figure out what to get him to wear to a wedding in May though, don't think babylegs will cut it!

IdrisTheDragon Mon 26-Jan-09 12:45:41

I can't remember having much problem with DD's clothes. I think she had trousers from Tesco mainly. She wore lots of dresses (still does smile)

AnnVan Mon 26-Jan-09 17:02:10

I'm not having any probs with Ds's clothes. But then he tends to grow out of stuff lengthwise while they're still loose on him, so probably down to his shape. I love the big cloth bum plus it gives me something to grab onto ever time he chucks himself headfirst off my lap!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now