Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

DD gone to bed with no night-pants on - am I going to be up all night changing wet sheets??!!

(27 Posts)
swiperfox Mon 04-Apr-05 19:47:49

Forgot to buy any ngiht time pants/pull ups today so I told her she's got to be a big girl and not have pants tonight. She's totally trained in the day time - just not been brave enough to do the nights yet!!!
Anyone else done it this way??

LGJ Mon 04-Apr-05 19:48:24

How old is she ??

swiperfox Mon 04-Apr-05 19:50:34

she's 3.3 - she's generally good but doesn't wake up dry in the morning yet so I'm expecting a long wet night!!

Shazzler Mon 04-Apr-05 19:51:44

Can you pick her up and put her on the toilet when you go to bed?

It might help.

Furball Mon 04-Apr-05 19:56:45

Top tip from someone on here (sorry, can't remember who) Put a mattress protector (or care mat)then a sheet on the bed topped with another mattress protector and another sheet. Then in the event of an accident you only have to take the top sheet and protector off leaving a fresh sheet underneath. Saves fannying about in the middle of the night.

Bit late for you to do tonight though!

swiperfox Mon 04-Apr-05 19:57:51

might try that. Dont want to wake her up though - the toilet is downstairs right at the back of the house!! A friend of mine did the same thing with her dd and she's been dry at night ever since - here's hoping!!

swiperfox Mon 04-Apr-05 19:58:33

excellent idea!!!!

Pinotmum Mon 04-Apr-05 20:01:26

My dd went to bed accidently without a night nappy when she was about the same age. She had been waking with a wet nappy up till then. The next day she was totally dry and no looking back. I think in the following 3 months she had 2 accidents. Fingers crossed for you and your dd tonight !

purpleturtle Mon 04-Apr-05 20:03:46

We ran out of pull-ups on Thursday. We have tried going without at night before, without great success. First night, she wet the bed before we went up to bed, but didn't wake up till we woke her to change her! Second night, same story (we left her with babysitter, or we'd have gone up earlier). Third & 4th nights, we've put her on the potty as we go to bed, and she's managed through to the morning.

swiperfox Mon 04-Apr-05 20:10:03

Did they manage to get up and go to the toilet first thing in the morning? She generally wakes up before us and I'm thinking she might automatically wee as she's starting to wake up before she remembers she's got no pants on!!!

purpleturtle Mon 04-Apr-05 20:11:39

Dd is fine in the morning, but she is 4 tomorrow, and for quite some time has not wet a pull-up unless actually asleep.

jjash Mon 04-Apr-05 20:12:34

could you keep a potty in her room while she gets the hang of it all? i did with my DS as my bathroom is downstairs

swiperfox Mon 04-Apr-05 20:14:13

We havent got a potty anymore. Didn't stop to think and we threw it out together when she was a 'big girl' and going on the toilet!

pt - have to ask, does your name come from the bar of the same name??

Furball Tue 05-Apr-05 09:49:54

How did she get on swiperfox?

swiperfox Tue 05-Apr-05 09:52:48

was just looking for this!! She was dry!!!!

I didn't sleep much tho! You know when you are thinking about something all night and it keeps waking you up/dreaming about it - it was one of those!!

I picked her up at about 9.30 and brought her down for a wee - she wasn't impressed!! Then I went in and got her at about 7am this morning expecting to find her lying in it!!

So smiles all round!! Going to go for it again tonight and see if i can get her into the habit

hunkermunker Tue 05-Apr-05 09:55:23

Hooray for a dry DD SF! Hope you get more sleep tonight

ponygirl Tue 05-Apr-05 09:57:43

Good for you and your dd, swiperfox! I've just been through this with my dd, though she's older (4.2). Pull-ups have been dry for ages then I forgot to buy more so we just went for it. Four nights in and still dry and she's so pleased with herself!

swiperfox Tue 05-Apr-05 09:57:54

Me too! I feel like crap lol Didn't help that dp got in from work at about 12.30 and woke me up to tell me she didnt have any pants on

purpleturtle Tue 05-Apr-05 10:03:04

But if you'd made a genuine mistake, and your dp hadn*'*t woken you up, you'd be narked about that too!

My name comes from my fave colour and animal combined. What bar?

swiperfox Tue 05-Apr-05 10:04:38

lol thats very true pt!!

The Purple Turtle is a bar where I spent a wonderful 8 years of my life getting stupidly drunk and having lots of fun!!!

cori Tue 05-Apr-05 10:21:39

Exactly the same way DS came out of night time nappies. We have had quite a few wet beds, we decided he wasnt ready, put him back into nappy for one night, then he decided he was a big boy and wouldnt wear them anymore. Now only one wet bed in 3 weeks.

Shazzler Tue 05-Apr-05 22:05:21

Glad to hear you had a successful night. Hope that was the start of many.

swiperfox Tue 05-Apr-05 22:14:12

Hope so!! She's gone to bed again tonight pant-free. I'm in two minds as to whether i should bring her down for a wee when i go to bed or leave her til the morning

swiperfox Wed 06-Apr-05 10:12:25

She's a superstar!! I got her up when i went to bed but she didnt want to wee so ileft her. This morning i heard her running around downstairs so i went to find her and she'd got straight up and gone to the toilet

That was soooo easy!!

hunkermunker Wed 06-Apr-05 10:13:27

Hooray! Congrats to superstar DD!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now