Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Ecoballs

(4 Posts)
mishkamoo Fri 23-Jan-09 08:43:56

Anyone used them for washing nappies?? Are they any good? What temperature do you have to wash at? Do yo have to pre-wash 1st? How do you make sure the nappies are 'sanitised'?? So many questions!!

Indith Fri 23-Jan-09 09:08:40

They are fine, just wash at 60 as normal. You don't need to pre soak or anything and you don't get a build up of detergent on your nappies You may find you need to do a wash with vinegar a bit more often than with powder to get rid of ammonia build up smell.

lollipopmother Fri 23-Jan-09 16:45:49

I have them, tbh I'm not sure that they're any good, I am totally undecided. I'm sure I read somewhere that they're no different to just washing with water, but other places say they are great. hmm

ruthlau Sat 24-Jan-09 12:30:37

I am always using ecoballs for our nappies! They are great! Certainly there're some tips how to let them function better:
1. never use 'save water' mode with ecoballs
2. never stuff your washing machine too full
3. use some baking soda instead of washing powder
4. I would also use some white vinegar and a few drops of lavender/tea tree essential oil as conditioner
Then the nappies will come out of wash nice and smell good (and 'sanitised')!

I also found dryer balls are brilliant. The nappies will be so much softened, even very hard hemp ones!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: